• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Week 12 - Live Games?

Graham

3rd Umpire
I think Rich might be running them at present. The games are supposed to run before Sunday according to deadlines that were originally set, but things seem to have slackened all round lately (team selections in on time, match reports submitted, etc), so who knows?
Not getting at you specifically Rich, just a general observation! I haven't provided GB with POY points for Div2 for the past two rounds, so I'm not entirely blameless myself (although I'm unsure as to whether or not GB was still expecting them?).

nibbs

International Captain
They have been run.........damnit:!( :!( :!( :!( (this site needs some new emotions. The current ones are no good).

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok let me clear a few things up here...

Firstly i am running the games still until next week...

Secondly the games have been run....

The reason they have not been sent out or released is because there has been a major error in the season records with the program...
With the new year there seems to be a bug in that all the records from games played in 2002 are now gone and i can't seem to find them, and then to add onto that the records from this round are not showing up as well...

I have emailed the creator of VC4 but i am not sure how long it could be until he responds to me...

I will email out the scorecards and the injuries but the excel files will be missing the latest records, all the tables will be up to date...

Im very sorry for all this, and let me tell u it was the last thing i needed before going away but its all out of my control...

I am looking into changing simulators as of next season due to myslef and others finding more and more errors in the VC4 program as we go on...

If anyone has any suggestions as to a new Sim please let me know.... I am looking at The Cricket Simulator at the moment but am still testing....

Once again im very very sorry...

Graham

3rd Umpire
No problems GB - thanks for putting us in the picture. And sorry Rich if I cast a slur on your good name.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Graham said:
I think Rich might be running them at present. The games are supposed to run before Sunday according to deadlines that were originally set, but things seem to have slackened all round lately (team selections in on time, match reports submitted, etc), so who knows?
Not getting at you specifically Rich, just a general observation! I haven't provided GB with POY points for Div2 for the past two rounds, so I'm not entirely blameless myself (although I'm unsure as to whether or not GB was still expecting them?).
The slackening off in deadlines is only natural, considering the Festive period. I'm sure that as of next week we'll be back running a tight ship, and I'm sure Rich and his temporary deputy will be well on top of things in those few weeks (and we may even get the live games at a reasonable time!) ;)

Rich2001

International Captain
Gregory Blewett said:
Ok let me clear a few things up here...

The reason they have not been sent out or released is because there has been a major error in the season records with the program...
With the new year there seems to be a bug in that all the records from games played in 2002 are now gone and i can't seem to find them, and then to add onto that the records from this round are not showing up as well...

I'll save you (to an extent) mate, remember you sent all the files across, as a test.. to make sure I would be able to continue why you are away.... I double check them and send them back, it would mean that you have all the files upto about 2 weeks ago (or about that)