• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PROPOSAL - Divisions for next Season

nibbs

International Captain
After seeing the layout for next and how each team will be distributed into the new system of divisions I noticed that team in Division One have it much easier than division two sides. Why is this? Division Two will have a side end up in Division Four, while at worst division one sides can only end up in Division Two. This doesn't at all seam fair.

The current system runs by like this:

Division Two: 6th-8th from Division One, 2nd-3rd from Division Two, 1st from Division Three,
Division Three: 4th-7th from Division Two, 2nd-3rd from Division Three,

I would like to propose this change to the WCC board.

Division Two: 6th-7th from Division One, 2nd-4th from Division Two, 1st from Division Three
Division Three: 8th from Division One, 5th-7th from Division, 2nd-3rd from Division Three,

Warwickshire CCC

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TN already proved last season they could beat div 2 sides, they are better than 4th in div 2, so they are entitled to be above them.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
There should be a playoff between the 4th or 5th of Div 2 and the second of div 3.The winner should be placed in div 2.Same thing for 4th or 5th of div 1 and 2nd of div 2.There are many teams which deserve much better div.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Muzza said:
After seeing the layout for next and how each team will be distributed into the new system of divisions I noticed that team in Division One have it much easier than division two sides. Why is this? Division Two will have a side end up in Division Four, while at worst division one sides can only end up in Division Two. This doesn't at all seam fair.

(snip)

This should have been raised weeks ago when it was decided - it's too late now.

For the record, it was agreed unanimously, and it is rewarding those who were founder members, whilst integrating the new teams in the lower divisions.

As it stands, the stronger teams are generally in div 1, and that is how it should be.

Actually I seem to remember that I proposed dropping a Div 1 team to div 3, and we decided against it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aditya said:
There should be a playoff between the 4th or 5th of Div 2 and the second of div 3.The winner should be placed in div 2.Same thing for 4th or 5th of div 1 and 2nd of div 2.There are many teams which deserve much better div.
Play-offs will come in when the season 3 finishes - but teams knew the rules for season 2 ages ago, and any play-offs will further delay this season, which is not an option.

If teams deserve a much better division they'll get there in good time. This is awarding those who've been there from the start more, which is only fair.

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Re: PROPOSAL - Divisions for next Season

marc71178 said:
This should have been raised weeks ago when it was decided - it's too late now.

For the record, it was agreed unanimously, and it is rewarding those who were founder members, whilst integrating the new teams in the lower divisions.

As it stands, the stronger teams are generally in div 1, and that is how it should be.

Actually I seem to remember that I proposed dropping a Div 1 team to div 3, and we decided against it.
That's correct Marc, Muzza not 100% sure but GB might still actually have that meeting, just incase you don't blieve us.

I agree with you there Marc that Div 1 is the elite leauge and teams should be there on merit and have the chance to keep that place rather than just to swap half the div for the sake of it each season...

I recall at least 4 - 5 different options being talked about at the WCC Boards meeting and this one was by far the farest and also ment people wouldn't lose intrest... if you aren't going anywhere then it could become boring so the chance for teams to all swap about makes it more intresting...

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Play-offs will come in when the season 3 finishes - but teams knew the rules for season 2 ages ago, and any play-offs will further delay this season, which is not an option.

If teams deserve a much better division they'll get there in good time. This is awarding those who've been there from the start more, which is only fair.
Again I have to agree with you here, the new rules where shown to all the maangers and no-one had a problem about 3 weeks ago, if not longer.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i agree with marc and rich however i never seen any rules about this, may i view them know or.

div 1 is what every maager should strive for, no matter how many seasons it takes to get there.

if in a lower div its all about building that side and getting stronger with youth and rookies but with a balance of older farts to keep u going.

think hard and carefully prior to trading. its worth the extra in the lomng run.

nibbs

International Captain
I dont know if this means much, but I recently aquired a copy of all the one day league files. I merged them together and played a league between all 24 sides.

South Australia won. However last place belonged to Tamil Nadu. Although division one is an elite league I would hardly call TN worthy of division one, let alone division 2. So please rethink this again...

Graham

3rd Umpire
Just leave it as it is.
The only reason TN is a lot worse than Season 1 is that their ******** second manager traded away their best players for zilch. I'm not sure who he got from Karnataka in return for Sharath for example, but it sure was a bum deal.
Lancashire could finish 6th in Division 1 OD with a 4-3 record and still get relegated, so you're not going to make everybody happy no matter what!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Muzza said:
I dont know if this means much, but I recently aquired a copy of all the one day league files. I merged them together and played a league between all 24 sides.

South Australia won. However last place belonged to Tamil Nadu. Although division one is an elite league I would hardly call TN worthy of division one, let alone division 2. So please rethink this again...
So what if you did all that - the rules cannot be changed this close to the end, there are things in place already.

Besides that, TN got their place in the top division based on being there from the start, were you involved right at the start?

Cloete

International Captain
Muzza said:
South Australia won. However last place belonged to Tamil Nadu. Although division one is an elite league I would hardly call TN worthy of division one, let alone division 2.

That sounds VERY encouraging!! having just taken up TN :( :( :( :( :( :rolleyes:

Rich2001

International Captain
Muzza said:

Just noticed this.....

Those results mean nothing unless you played the correct sides for every team in every match, I know for a fact my computer selected side only plays about 3 of MY squad.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rich2001 said:
I know for a fact my computer selected side only plays about 3 of MY squad.
Since you have a squad of 16, that's impressive that your computer invents 3 players!

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Since you have a squad of 16, that's impressive that your computer invents 3 players!
No It doesn't need to, I played a game the other day and something didn't look quite right but couldn't put my finger on it..... Then it struck me either M.Saggers had a clone or his got a brother with the same first name and he joined in for a laugh.

I also played a game where a major bug hit the game and Hamps bowled a team out for 4 all Golden Ducks AND J.Crawley took a bag full of wickets, in reply Hamps hit 6/0...... Oh hang on that was against Surrey, so the game was fine afterall.

(But in all truth both of those did happen expect the 2nd one was Hamps vs Glamorgan)

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Graham said:
Just leave it as it is.
The only reason TN is a lot worse than Season 1 is that their ******** second manager traded away their best players for zilch. I'm not sure who he got from Karnataka in return for Sharath for example, but it sure was a bum deal.
Lancashire could finish 6th in Division 1 OD with a 4-3 record and still get relegated, so you're not going to make everybody happy no matter what!
It was Colts who got S Sharath for C Vaas and not Karnataka.I wish i had done that type of deal!!!!