• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rookie School

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The following players have been given rookie contracts for Season 8. Under the aggreement of rookie contracts these players can't play 1st XI this season and only 2nd XI matches. These rookies can not be traded during the season. A few very talented rookies in this batch, some average ones and some poor ones. But all are very keen to impress their 1st XI managers and work with their 2nd XI managers.

Attachments

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant. Looks like we (Titans) did well with a promising young fast bowler.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got a good FC all rounder and an average one as well, neither look to be too flash in OD cricket though.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
nsw happy with there rookies in what look like anice good young quick fc bowler, and a young batsmen good in both forms...

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Kent picks up two decidedly 'middle string' players. Any way you sort the tables, and my players seem to be in the middle somewhere. Should add a bit of depth, and both should play plenty of cricket this year.

cometer

State Regular
Doubt either of mine will get too much of a go. Hopefully there's more to come and I get lucky. The spinner might get a shot in four day though. Disappointed but that's part of the luck of the draw.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Doubt either of mine will get too much of a go. Hopefully there's more to come and I get lucky. The spinner might get a shot in four day though. Disappointed but that's part of the luck of the draw.
We only get 2 rookies this year and they're exclusive for the 2nd XI.

luffy

International Captain
Damn it, one of my players has an OD bowl of 15, and he's a freking rookie, arggh.

oz_fan

International Regular
Happy with Lancashire getting two fairly good bowlers in both forms. Dennis in particular has great stats for an OD bowler.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
WOW..

2 Rookies..
For FC - Avg of 16.. the best outta the lot and the other 25.44

For OD - Avg of 19.08 and the other 29.24

Verrrry Niccee..! I Liike!

cricketboy29

International Regular
Allright with my rookies, one looks like he could develop into a really gun batsman. So here's hoping. Other one will be making up the numbers.