• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darren Lehmann Medal (MVPs)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Over the last couple seasons in WCC there have been different methods used to create activity during the middle of the week when matches aren't on. In the past we have had Team of Week, Player of the Week, Player of the Month and other offical and unofficial awards. The new board is looking to continue on with trend, but are looking implement it in a way where the awards have greater meaning to each club.

What the board have decided to do implement an MVP system similar to Allan Border Medal, Dally M and Brownlow. In the past a lot of clubs have had their own MVP points system for their clubs. This season what we will be requiring from managers is to submitt those MVP points each week in this thread. Basically just 3,2,1 of your team best performers each week. In addition to these points the board (simmers) will allocate 3,2,1 for each of the matches during the season. These points will be combined for the Darren Lehmann Medal winner.

In addition to this the points from these MVPs will also be used to award each teams player of the season, Divisonal player of the year and player of the month awards. However the Divisonal player of the year and player of the month will be based on the board members MVPs.

This season these awards will just be unofficial, as we are just looking for ways to improve activity and don't want them to be just something managers post once of week for the sake of it. We just want to see if this can be an effective method in increasing activity. We want this to be something the manager enjoy rather then just another task they have to perform.

Im sure most of you guys are wondering why we named the award after Boof. Well during his 4 seasons playing for South Australia, Lehmann made a name for himself as preimer batsmen in WCC history, averaging over 60 in both forms.

The following are the awards assoicated to DL Medal (or 'The Boof'):
  • Player of the Season (Overall and Each Team)
  • FC Player of the Season
  • OD Player of the Season
  • Divisional Player of the Season (All Divisions)
  • 2nd XI player of the Season
  • Player of the Month

The following are official judges:
  • 1st XI FC (Tharmi Loganathan)
  • 1st XI OD (Rob Malone)
  • 2nd XI FC (Mat Mitchell)
  • 2nd XI OD (Manju Reddlapalli)

If you have any questions about this feel free to ask

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Awesome, like the idea.

Will you add more players to the Hall of Fame? Darren Gough and Craig White come to mind, ditto Gavin Hamilton :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome, like the idea.

Will you add more players to the Hall of Fame? Darren Gough and Craig White come to mind, ditto Gavin Hamilton :p
Darren Gough probably, his got gun record in both forms. Well his taken a lot of wickets in FC (high average though) and well im sure you know his OD record. Im looking for few more players to add in, its hard without career stats.

NZTailender

Darren Gough probably, his got gun record in both forms. Well his taken a lot of wickets in FC (high average though) and well im sure you know his OD record. Im looking for few more players to add in, its hard without career stats.
Mate, send me an email with your postal address and I'll send off the WCC CD.

cometer

State Regular
I like the sound of this. Adds something extra each week. Are higher divisions going to be weighted any differently then lower divisions?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I like the sound of this. Adds something extra each week. Are higher divisions going to be weighted any differently then lower divisions?
I didn't think about that seems like a decent idea and a fairer way to award the title.

cometer

State Regular
I didn't think about that seems like a decent idea and a fairer way to award the title.
Yeah, reason I thought of this was because the competition is tougher at the higher end due to better skilled players, so they'd be taking possible points away from each other, whilst a lower team with a really good player will carve up and take a lot of points despite perhaps not being the best player over the season. For the individual team award it won't matter but for the overall winner it potentially could.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, reason I thought of this was because the competition is tougher at the higher end due to better skilled players, so they'd be taking possible points away from each other, whilst a lower team with a really good player will carve up and take a lot of points despite perhaps not being the best player over the season. For the individual team award it won't matter but for the overall winner it potentially could.
exactly mate..

NZTailender

Craig White had his name changed to H Simpson (yes, H Simpson) in like, season 5. His career stats are fairly decent IMO.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig White had his name changed to H Simpson (yes, H Simpson) in like, season 5. His career stats are fairly decent IMO.
The guys i had short listed where guys who were in the Top 20 or so interms of runs or wickets when they finished. Guys like S Tendulkar (Top 15 in FC), J Madanagopal (No 2 All Time in ODs), S Mushtaq (Top 10 FC), D Gough (Top 15 FC, Top 5 OD) and G Hamilton (Top 10 OD). Not sure if C White can match those guys feats, but we'll see.

NZTailender

The guys i had short listed where guys who were in the Top 20 or so interms of runs or wickets when they finished. Guys like S Tendulkar (Top 15 in FC), J Madanagopal (No 2 All Time in ODs), S Mushtaq (Top 10 FC), D Gough (Top 15 FC, Top 5 OD) and G Hamilton (Top 10 OD). Not sure if C White can match those guys feats, but we'll see.
Fair enough. He doesn't make it, tbh. Nevertheless, he was invaluable and underrated, IMO.

Craig White.
FC: 43 matches. 1523 runs @ 21.76, 1x100, 6x50. 120 wickets @ 27.31, 2x5w.
OD: 55 matches. 695 runs @ 21.72, 3x50. 67 wickets @ 32.72, 5x4w.

Cloete

International Captain
Ah yeah was that something to do with Paid?

Care to explain that again? I think there were 2 C White's around or something and Paid had a choice of changing his name right?