Thread: Possible Changes

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar

Possible Changes

As most of you have probably noticed there have been a few issued raised in regards to squad sizes and division sizes. With the explanation to 2nd XI teams squads have increased over the last couple seasons from 15 to 17 and now to 30. The main issue people seem to be having is complicated nature of contracted players due to the sim not being able to take more then 25 players.

The suggestion that has been put forward to reducing the number of main players to 23 and rookies to 2, which would give us overall squads of 25 players. This would mean this is no need for contracted players and the squads will be reduced slightly. A possible change like this would also mean that the draft will be reduced from 10 rounds to 8 rounds. Personally I thing 10 rounds is too many and draft will go on for too long.

This season with teams being able to keep 17 players, not many were forced to drop top draw players. This made the players releases relatively ineffective. If there is a reduction to squads it will also mean next season teams will have to keep fewer players, something like 12, which will make the releases more effective.

The 2nd change that is being put forward is reducing the Divisions so each one has 8 teams. I had a big issue trying to work out the fixtures for this with the different sizes of the divisions and having them all the same would work quite well and make things easier in that department.

But the main issue managers seem to have is boring nature of the matches last season due to the large gap between teams in the bigger divisions, mainly in Division One. But like the squad sizes if we do implement something we need to do straight away, because I donít prolong the season any longer.

The plan change is to have Three Divisions of 8. The teams will be separated into the following divisions:

- D1 FC: TN, ACT, Lancs, Cobras, Leics, WA, SA, Kent
    - D2 FC: Auck, Hamps, Titans, Warks, Yorks, Eagles, NSW, Colts
    - D3 FC: Guyana, Surrey, Karachi, Vics, QLD, Tas, Mash, Mumbai
    - D1 FC: QLD, Vics, Colts, TN, Guyana, ACT, Warks, Tas
    - D2 OD: Leics, SA, Karachi, Surrey, Cobras, Auck, Mumbai, Hamps
    - D3 OD: WA, Yorks, Eagles, Lancs, Mash, NSW, Kent, Titans

The divisions will be based on where teams finished last season, with the teams that just finished above the regulation zone moving down divisions. There is the option of having playoff, like mentioned in the other thread. But really your rewarding mediocrity there, rather then a successful seasons where a team auto promoted. Iím not too fussed either way personally though.

The way I look at these changes is with the large gap between seasons and a lot of new managers. There is an option to start fresh and make some changes if majority of the managers are happy with them. There are needs for these changes, as mention above and elsewhere. They can be implemented pretty quickly and wonít prolong the start of the season.

But due to the fact that this may influence draft choices, with less drafts picks and fact that a lot of managers will choice their draft picks on the back of the divisions they will be in. I do need some feedback on whether managers feel this is necessary or not. Iím happy to keep going with things the way they were before, because last season was pretty successful and the game doesnít really need a lot of changes. Itís been running pretty well for a long time.

So what are your thoughts?
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    I'm all for the mentioned changes. 25 players squads, the divisions, reduced draft amounts...all good!
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    I'm all for the mentioned changes. 25 players squads, the divisions, reduced draft amounts...all good!
    Yeah same here.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

State Regular
    Gyroball Champion!
    Yeah, I agree with the above even though it drops me out of the top division in one day. I think it was relatively straight forward to eliminate players for the draft and there wasn't a lot of pressure on keeping better players. Also I think 8 teams is a more even competition then what we had before.
    Last edited by cometer; 29-05-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Like the changes.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

All of the changes sound great.
    ďAnd God came down from the heavens, and he said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road."And the chicken crossed the road. And the people rejoiced, all across the land.

Australia's Only FairDinkum News Site - www.xenoxnews.com
    -------------------------------------------------

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm happy with those changes.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Makes my job in FC easier i suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    With majority of managers happy with these changes, they official now. All respective teams have moved divisions and the fixtures are out for all the divisions. The draft has been shorten to 8 rounds, so there is 7 rounds left.

If you got any questions about any other impact of these changes feel free to ask.

Thread Information