• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Training Proposal - Take 2

What do you think of the Training Proposal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Due to the fact that we (the new board) have just taken over WCC, im not comfortable making any major changes without the approval of majority of the senior managers. This is why there wont be any changes to FC bowling averages this season, for those managers who were still wondering. From the tests done there were advantages for bowlers with low averages, mainly bowlers with low strike rates dominated. Next season though there might be cap 15 for averages, for more realism if nothing else. But once I get used to sim and running things we decided on that a bit later. There will however be small restrictions on pitch conditions, but i will explain that more when i ask for pitch conditions from all the managers.

But the main reason for this thread is with the new season approaching i have been looking into a couple things. One thing is the option of having training in WCC. One of the things i really like about Battrick is the option you have to train your players into guns. I think having a similar option in WCC, could add something extra and make the game a bit more realistic. It could give managers who are more active throughout the forum a bit more advantage, as well as providing long term managers greater benefits.

The basic of how it will work is each manager will get 10 nets to spread across their players, with a maxium of 4 nets per area (type). The reason for the limit of 4 nets, is to have a slight limit the improvements of players, we don't want the league to be full of 60 Bats and sub 20 bowlers.

There would be four types of nets that a player can receive:
- FC Batting Net (FC Batting Average)
- FC Bowling Net (FC Bowling S/R)
- OD Batting Net (OD Batting Average)
- OD Bowling Net (OD Bowling S/R)

In backets above are what each net will improve. In VC4 a bowler's S/R is the biggest factor in their performance, so it makes more sence to allow them to try and improve that stat.

In the attachment below shows how the improvements works for different ages. Basically the younger the player is the faster they will improve. Below are a few examples of how much a player can improve, based on 20 week season (10 rounds in each form):
- 16yo on 1 FC Batting Net, will improve his average by 2 runs
- 16yo on 4 FC Batting Nets, will improve his average by 8 runs
- 18yo on 1 FC Batting Net, will improve his average by 1.6 runs
- 21 yo on 1 FC Batting Net, will improve his average by 1 run
- 21 yo on 4 FC Batting Nets, will improve his average by 4 runs
- 25+yo on 4 FC Batting Nets, will improve his average by 0.8 runs

Bowling S/R decrease at the same rate, as improvements to Batting Averages. All these training improvements will be done at the end of the season, at the same time the stats are updated due to performances.

As well as voting can you please post your thoughts on this proposal, both positives and negatives.

Attachments

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
IMO, keeping it simple is the best option i.e. no training. But having a cap on averages is a good idea. 15 is a good cut off, and perhaps it should be 60 with batting.

pasag

RTDAS
Can a WCC mod see who voted for what? Otherwise you'll have to make another one. Gun idea imo fwiw.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
That was crazy im going to leave any moderation stuff to Jack in the future. The guys that have moderation powers will known what im taking about when they look at the log. So much effect just to get three posts cut and copies.

Just need everyone to vote again who voted before.

oz_fan

International Regular
Sounds like a great idea but I think it should be given a trial first just to see how it works out.

luffy

International Captain
While i see what you're going on about, i personally would prefer it to be kept simple.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What I love about WCC is its simplicity. While I agree that we had to add 2nd XI managers and bigger squads to get more people invovled, I think it has detracted from the game a little. All you have to do is look at trading. In the past trading was massive, with usually every team involved in one trade. This year, we had what? 10 teams involved. I didn't have Cloete approach me ffs! That's strange!

If you add training, you add another dimension that makes it more involved.

WCC was at it's best when the squad sizes were small and all you had to worry about was submitting your side each week and waiting for the result.

Perm

Simplicity is good, while I think a training system would be good I don't think that WCC is active enough to keep up with it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Still five days to this poll runs out, but not enough people who are for the proposal have really tired to state the reason why they like to have a training option. Personally i think it could be a good addition to WCC, but clearly there are other areas that need to be address first.

First and foremost getting it up and running, sorry for taking so long in updating the rookie stats, its just one of those things (updating stats) that takes a bit of time. Im getting there slowly and it should be done soon.

But the big thing that has come to my attention and was probably one the reason why Blewy and Simon lost interest, or failed to find the interest again. Is the lack of activity around the fourms. Im sure once the season starts things will improve. But i am going to look at different ways to try and get activity levels up again. We will see how the Divison Threads go, hopefully we get a few more posts in them as the season gets closer. Something that has been changing over the last couple seasons, is the game turning more forum base, then email base. That is probably going to continue in an attempt to get more regular posting. Most of the results are likely going to be announced on the fourm again this season. There are also likely to be a few other little things, but i will worry about that later after I finish off the rookie stats.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Having these trainings could quite possibly up the activity level.
The only problem is you don't want people to post for the sake of posting. You rather them post cus they have something meaningful to post about. But i guess in the BT threads, people always discuss training schedules.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I'm all for the training system. I think it would add alot to WCC, and probably up the activity, because it would make it more interactive. While i understand people wanting to keep it simple, from the way i see it, it's pretty simple anyway. Choose what kind of training you want a player to have, and how much a player improves depends on his age. Fairly simple to me. Infact, it reminds me alot of the training system in ICC.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
keep it simple i reckon, thats whats always been the strength of wcc.. once big changes come into effect, things always tend to go bananas.. a cap would be the ideal way to go about it imo./

Mister Wright

Yeah, simplicity was the beauty of this game when I first started playing it. Also the smaller divisions were better. With only 6 team divisions you didn't feel like you were stuck in the division forever. Now with 8 or 10 or however many are in there now, you could be stuck in the same division for seasons and feel like you have no chance of promotion.

Perm

I agree that simplicity was what made this game good. I feel that instead of the pre season drafts and trading being so complicated (from my point of view) that training could perhaps be a better investment and would garner more interest.