View Poll Results: What do you think of the Training Proposal?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gun idea could take WCC to another level

7 43.75%
  • Dire not really needed in WCC keep it simple

7 43.75%
  • Worth trialing for a season to get an idea of its potential

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training Proposal - Take 2

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar

Training Proposal - Take 2

Due to the fact that we (the new board) have just taken over WCC, im not comfortable making any major changes without the approval of majority of the senior managers. This is why there wont be any changes to FC bowling averages this season, for those managers who were still wondering. From the tests done there were advantages for bowlers with low averages, mainly bowlers with low strike rates dominated. Next season though there might be cap 15 for averages, for more realism if nothing else. But once I get used to sim and running things we decided on that a bit later. There will however be small restrictions on pitch conditions, but i will explain that more when i ask for pitch conditions from all the managers.

But the main reason for this thread is with the new season approaching i have been looking into a couple things. One thing is the option of having training in WCC. One of the things i really like about Battrick is the option you have to train your players into guns. I think having a similar option in WCC, could add something extra and make the game a bit more realistic. It could give managers who are more active throughout the forum a bit more advantage, as well as providing long term managers greater benefits.

The basic of how it will work is each manager will get 10 nets to spread across their players, with a maxium of 4 nets per area (type). The reason for the limit of 4 nets, is to have a slight limit the improvements of players, we don't want the league to be full of 60 Bats and sub 20 bowlers.

There would be four types of nets that a player can receive:
    - FC Batting Net (FC Batting Average)
    - FC Bowling Net (FC Bowling S/R)
    - OD Batting Net (OD Batting Average)
    - OD Bowling Net (OD Bowling S/R)

In backets above are what each net will improve. In VC4 a bowler's S/R is the biggest factor in their performance, so it makes more sence to allow them to try and improve that stat.

In the attachment below shows how the improvements works for different ages. Basically the younger the player is the faster they will improve. Below are a few examples of how much a player can improve, based on 20 week season (10 rounds in each form):
    - 16yo on 1 FC Batting Net, will improve his average by 2 runs
    - 16yo on 4 FC Batting Nets, will improve his average by 8 runs
    - 18yo on 1 FC Batting Net, will improve his average by 1.6 runs
    - 21 yo on 1 FC Batting Net, will improve his average by 1 run
    - 21 yo on 4 FC Batting Nets, will improve his average by 4 runs
    - 25+yo on 4 FC Batting Nets, will improve his average by 0.8 runs

Bowling S/R decrease at the same rate, as improvements to Batting Averages. All these training improvements will be done at the end of the season, at the same time the stats are updated due to performances.

As well as voting can you please post your thoughts on this proposal, both positives and negatives.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    IMO, keeping it simple is the best option i.e. no training. But having a cap on averages is a good idea. 15 is a good cut off, and perhaps it should be 60 with batting.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Can a WCC mod see who voted for what? Otherwise you'll have to make another one. Gun idea imo fwiw.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

i think it will be a great idea.
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

That was crazy im going to leave any moderation stuff to Jack in the future. The guys that have moderation powers will known what im taking about when they look at the log. So much effect just to get three posts cut and copies.

Just need everyone to vote again who voted before.

Sounds like a great idea but I think it should be given a trial first just to see how it works out.
    Member of CW Black
    Goalkeeper for the Northside Power
    NZI Manager in WCC

While i see what you're going on about, i personally would prefer it to be kept simple.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    What I love about WCC is its simplicity. While I agree that we had to add 2nd XI managers and bigger squads to get more people invovled, I think it has detracted from the game a little. All you have to do is look at trading. In the past trading was massive, with usually every team involved in one trade. This year, we had what? 10 teams involved. I didn't have Cloete approach me ffs! That's strange!

If you add training, you add another dimension that makes it more involved.

WCC was at it's best when the squad sizes were small and all you had to worry about was submitting your side each week and waiting for the result.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

I agree with him totally.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Simplicity is good, while I think a training system would be good I don't think that WCC is active enough to keep up with it.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Debutant Eyes_Only's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oz_fan View Post
    Sounds like a great idea but I think it should be given a trial first just to see how it works out.
    Agreed
    Simon Taufel---ICC Umpire Of The Year 2005/2006/2007

Proud Member of CW Green

Proud member of the Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team

NSW Blues---ING Cup Champions 2005/2006

3rd May 1955-19th January 2004----RIP Hookesy

"Just keep your mouth shut and I'll only have to think you're stupid." The golden rule of umpiring according to the world's best cricket umpire, Australia's Simon Taufel.

Still five days to this poll runs out, but not enough people who are for the proposal have really tired to state the reason why they like to have a training option. Personally i think it could be a good addition to WCC, but clearly there are other areas that need to be address first.

First and foremost getting it up and running, sorry for taking so long in updating the rookie stats, its just one of those things (updating stats) that takes a bit of time. Im getting there slowly and it should be done soon.

But the big thing that has come to my attention and was probably one the reason why Blewy and Simon lost interest, or failed to find the interest again. Is the lack of activity around the fourms. Im sure once the season starts things will improve. But i am going to look at different ways to try and get activity levels up again. We will see how the Divison Threads go, hopefully we get a few more posts in them as the season gets closer. Something that has been changing over the last couple seasons, is the game turning more forum base, then email base. That is probably going to continue in an attempt to get more regular posting. Most of the results are likely going to be announced on the fourm again this season. There are also likely to be a few other little things, but i will worry about that later after I finish off the rookie stats.

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Having these trainings could quite possibly up the activity level.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

Quote Originally Posted by alternative View Post
    Having these trainings could quite possibly up the activity level.
    The only problem is you don't want people to post for the sake of posting. You rather them post cus they have something meaningful to post about. But i guess in the BT threads, people always discuss training schedules.

I'm all for the training system. I think it would add alot to WCC, and probably up the activity, because it would make it more interactive. While i understand people wanting to keep it simple, from the way i see it, it's pretty simple anyway. Choose what kind of training you want a player to have, and how much a player improves depends on his age. Fairly simple to me. Infact, it reminds me alot of the training system in ICC.
    ďAnd God came down from the heavens, and he said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road."And the chicken crossed the road. And the people rejoiced, all across the land.

Australia's Only FairDinkum News Site - www.xenoxnews.com
    -------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information