• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 8 Player Releases

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ah Megan I don't want to tell you what to do, but you might want to recheck that.

Just seems strange to keep Shetty (34 years old FC Bat 37, OD Bat 45) and then release Chopra (29 years old FC Bat 39, OD Bat 50). A few other VERY interesting releases in there too...

Might have to change my retained list to 15 players given the quality of some of these drafted players :p
Not to mention Inzy who averages 50+ in FC.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hope it's not midnight yet...

South Australia

Retain (15)

A Mujtaba
A Goodwin
B Allen
O Foot
K van Jaarsveld
YA Singh
T Binny
I Mooney
E Graham
F Maqbool
H Axelby
K Rangnekar
M Doshi
R Stratton
L Bond

Release (15)

A Arshad
B Collyer
B Dippenaar
C Hucknall
E Richards
H Froggett
G Burns
G Wagg
J Smart
M Bruyns
N Collyer
S Borde
S Petley
V Dinuk
Z Butt

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Still 6 hours to go, still need:

Kent (should be later tonight)
WA
QLD
Titans
Auckland (sometime soon when Zac cbf)

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Am more confused now than I was before and I didn't think that was possible!!

Hope this is okay now...8-)

Revised Hampshire List:

RETAINED:

A Chopra
E Drake
G Aldridge
G Rahman
N Hollins
C Gamage
I Ul-Haq
J Crawley
N Shetty
L Jewell
P Thompson
R Prassanna
S Bond
S Graham
S Newman
S Pollard
T Thomas

RELEASED:

A Best
A Jowell
A Robben
H Nixon
C Mehra
L Bassue
P Shelley
P Sudesh
S Highsmith
S Qambrani
T Naidu
W Beatty
Z Exley

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just replied to your email Megan, cus this is the 1st time you have had to do this and Reubs was meant to do it. I'll let you think about it more and you have to Monday midnight to make any changes.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Just replied to your email Megan, cus this is the 1st time you have had to do this and Reubs was meant to do it. I'll let you think about it more and you have to Monday midnight to make any changes.
Thanks mate...just got the email and will have a think about it overnight.

EDIT: Considered what you said in the email and have adjusted the list accordingly...although I reserve the right to change my mind right up until the deadline!! ;)

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Titans Players Retained (17)

A Holland
T Darden
G Smith
A Wykes
O Hutchinson
K Pietersen
J Neill
M Vardhan
J Watambwa
D Dawson
B Jayasuria
M Sharif
S Shah
N Ranjith
K Khan
V Harkness
W Pointer

Titans Released (13)

U Afzaal
T Gavaskar
R Afridi
T Orton
K Aftab
F Naylor
R Cassell
E White
AS Das
N Alexander
L James
I Khaleel
V Dahiya

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Updated

Colts (Contracts) Retained (16):

I Bowes
A Tweedie
A Zakir
F Abbasi
A Ali
M Dhoni
L Cush
T Alwis
R Wickramaratne
V Waragoda
L Perera
J Troughton
P Hitchcock
E Exley
M Madugalle
J Squires

Colts Releases (14):

Q Birch
L Dyer
C Gayle
N Rathood
G Leibenberg
H Wilkins
J Lewry
W Jones
M Crawford
R Sarwan
A Peck
E Stone
M El Zabir
S Samarasekera
After seeing that most teams went for 17 players and having a look at a couple of the players released Colts have changed their releases, with Birch missing the cut. Hopefully we get a good pick in the 5th round.

pasag

RTDAS
Auckland retained (17):
Z Roberts
G Huckerby
J Smith
G Burley
J Godwin
O Wessels
R Campbell
E Bellson
D Leverock
W Fitzstanford
K Andrews
S Butt
Q Carver
B Hefford
D Ferguson
Raja Ali
A Pagnis

Auckland released (13)
A Khurasiya
C Potts
H Rajbangshi
J Senior
K Daly
K Godwin
K Khurram
L Henderson
M Connors
P Thorpe
R Doshi
R Plummer
R Herath

Hope I haven't made any glaring omissions or errors, being the first time I've done this and all.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Hampshire final list.

Retained:

S Graham
S Pollard
I Ul Haq
J Crawley
E Drake
P Thompson
A Chopra
N Shetty
T Thomas
N Hollins
C Gamage
L Jewell
A Best
A Jowell
A Robben
G Alridge
S Bond

Released:

Z Exley
W Beatty
T Naidu
S Qambrani
P Shelley
P Sudesh
L Bassue
C Mehra
S Highsmith
G Rahman
S Newman
H Nixon

Cheers,
Lord.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
I don't mind that Lord has posted a list but I thought that it was up to me as he hadn't been around lately and that I would be taking over the Firsts very soon. They are fairly close (excpet for a few players) anyway. Tharmi said I had up until midnight tonight to submit the list and as I worked very hard on my list, I think it should be the one considered.

I will leave it up to you to decide... :confused:

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
I don't mind that Lord has posted a list but I thought that it was up to me as he hadn't been around lately and that I would be taking over the Firsts very soon. They are fairly close (excpet for a few players) anyway. Tharmi said I had up until midnight tonight to submit the list and as I worked very hard on my list, I think it should be the one considered.

I will leave it up to you to decide... :confused:
Thought you did a very good job on yours Megan.

But I have to stick with Lord here, he is the 1sts manager and he got his list in on time so it really needs to be the one that counts. Perhaps you two could have used some collabaration?

My 2nd XI manager and I share almost identical views :p

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Thought you did a very good job on yours Megan.

But I have to stick with Lord here, he is the 1sts manager and he got his list in on time so it really needs to be the one that counts. Perhaps you two could have used some collabaration?

My 2nd XI manager and I share almost identical views :p
So I wasted a day in which I had plenty of other things to do...most more important (to me anyway) to get this done for nothing??

Mine was in well before time( 6 or so hours ahead from memory) and I did struggle with trying to get it done. However, I accept your reasoning even if I think it's a little unfair and will stick with whatever choice is made by the Powers That Be..

Last edited: