• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-Season Draft

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Due to larger squads from what we had last season, there have been some changes made to the draft this season. The following is a run down of how the draft will run:

- At the end of the first draft period each team will be required to release 13 to 15 players from their existing squad. These players will be entered into the draft, along with some of the best players from around the world outside WCC. The player release thread will be open for 8 days from 19th May to 27th May.
- The first two rounds of the draft will done using a draft order. The order is based on your rank in WCC from the lowest to highest in terms of where you finished last season in both forms. 2nd XI performances where taken into account but only played a minor role.
- The 3rd and 4th round the draft order will be reversed from the first two rounds. This will hopefully allow the higher rank team a chance to get some half decent players during earlier rounds of the draft.
- The teams that decided to keep more then 15 players will miss either next round or both rounds 5 & 6, depending on if they kept 16 players or 17 players.
- The last six rounds of the draft will include random draft orders. It should be noted that all teams must have 3 keepers by the end of the draft.

1st and 2nd Round Draft Order

1. Mashonaland
  2. Mumbai
  3. New South Wales
  4. Titans
  5. Kent
  6. Tasmania
  7. FS Eagles
  8. Surrey
  9. Yorkshire
  10. Karachi
  11. Hampshire
  12. Lancashire
  13. Colts
  14. WP Cobras
  15. Victoria
  16. Guyana
  17. Auckland
  18. Queensland
  19. Western Australia
  20. Warwickshire
  21. South Australia
  22. Leicestershire
  23. ACT
  24. Tamil Nadu

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
When i saw you reply i thought you where going to have a whinge. Nice to see you looked at the positive side for being at bottom of the draft order.

Cloete

International Captain
When i saw you reply i thought you where going to have a whinge. Nice to see you looked at the positive side for being at bottom of the draft order.
Why would I whinge? I knew it was coming. I've copped dead last the last two and have been bottom for a long long time haha.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds good, I should be able to get my head around it when everything gets unerway.

cometer

State Regular
Haha 22nd out of 24 teams. Guess there's a first for everything :). Wasn't so long ago I was down the other end of the pecking order. Should be an interesting time.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
After the teams release their players, which wont start again until i update all the rookies stats. About a weeks time roughy.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The next stage of the pre season is about to start, time for the draft. The first two rounds will use the below draft order.

Its up the the First team manager to email the draft picks for their team, in the email subject title make sure you put which team you manage, we are encouraging first team managers to give their 2nd XI coach an input into selections, but in the end its up to the WCC manager to get the picks in.

Please email your picks to chaminda_00@hotmail.com by MIDDAY FRIDAY 1st JUNE AUSTRALIAN EASTERN TIME. This is 3am Friday english time i believe and 2pm NZ time.

1st and 2nd Round Draft Order

1. Mashonaland
  2. Mumbai
  3. New South Wales
  4. Titans
  5. Kent
  6. Tasmania
  7. FS Eagles
  8. Surrey
  9. Yorkshire
  10. Karachi
  11. Hampshire
  12. Lancashire
  13. Colts
  14. WP Cobras
  15. Victoria
  16. Guyana
  17. Auckland
  18. Queensland
  19. Western Australia
  20. Warwickshire
  21. South Australia
  22. Leicestershire
  23. ACT
  24. Tamil Nadu

Like in previous seasons you need to submit enough picks to cover for the chance that all your picks get taken before its your turn, eg, if you are pick 9, you email me your top 9 choices and if you are pick 22, you email me your top 22 choices.

All Updated Squads can be found here

If you have anymore question feel free to ask.

Attachments

Last edited: