• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-Season Draft

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Got draft picks from:

Yorkshire
Queensland
Victoria
Mumbai
WP Cobras
Western Australia
Warkwickshire
ACT
Titans
Lancashire
Colts

11 out of 24, pretty good response so far. There no rush for the other managers to get them in. Take you time as this round picks can make or break some seasons.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
18-20 hours left but i still need draft picks from following sides:

NSW
Kent
Tasmania
FS Eagles
Surrey
Karachi
Hampshire
Guyana
Auckland
South Australia
Leicestershire

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
mine sent. was waiting for the nsw manager to come on so i could talk but have not seen him.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
12 hours left, the following side still need their draft picks sent:

Kent
Tasmania
Surrey
Karachi
Hampshire
Guyana
Auckland
South Australia
Leicestershire

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
A bit disappionted that only 1 extra side submitted in the last 9 hours, 3 hours left, the following 9s side still need their draft picks sent. Only Kyle has an extention, so the rest need then in ASAP.

Kent
Tasmania
Surrey
Karachi
Hampshire
Guyana
Auckland
Leicestershire

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
One hour left, UPDATED:

Kent
Karachi
Guyana
Auckland
Leicestershire

2nd XI managers can submitt if HDS views this.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know I can submit, but I haven't really got up to speed with this process yet and may end up drafting an absolute lemon if I'm left to my own devices. I have been spending too much time down the nets with the current squad... I'll have a look, but can't make any sane promises.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I know I can submit, but I haven't really got up to speed with this process yet and may end up drafting an absolute lemon if I'm left to my own devices. I have been spending too much time down the nets with the current squad... I'll have a look, but can't make any sane promises.
Trust me you will get a better player, then what you will get if you don't submitt. Give it a go and might just pull off a gun. Just need you to pick 17 players in order of the guys you think are the best in the draft. Just pick the top 17 FC bats if it makes it easier or top 17 Fast bowlers.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Alright deadline passed; Kent, Karachi missed the deadline. Guyana and Auckland have two more hours to submitt. If Nick or Myles get online and submitt in those two hours I might let them off. I'll post the draft results and new draft list then.

HeathDavisSpeed

I've sent something off to you. Could be a load of old Hash Browns, but at least it's something. Let me know if you didn't get it.

pasag

RTDAS
Just woke up, am sending right now.

Edit: Actually, will put faith into my 2nd XI. He's abit of a gun itbt.

HeathDavisSpeed

That's a relief. I was picking players based on them being a fast bowler and their name sounding quick. Anyone called WHOOOOOSHH would have been number one on Heath's list (as long as they were a fast bowler)

EDIT: Oh... .Actually, my picks were very sensible and based on how they'd looked when I called them into a net trial this week. One guy broke his arm when I bowled to him, so any people hoping to pick him up are going to be unpleasantly surprised when they pick a crock up, courtesy of HT Davis.

EDIT 2: What is itbt? My brain fills this in as 'tit-bit' and Heath doesn't have man-boobs quite yet.

Last edited: