• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IDEA'S

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
OK Its looking more and more likely that i will be away for approximatley 8 weeks from the middle of January...
I would like the league to continue during this time BUT there are 2 many negatives for this to happen, So im looking for idea's and suggestions on something we could do during the 8 week period...
Some Ideas i have thought of are:
* World Cup - Divide the current players into their country of origin and play a World Cup with 2 Managers/Country...
* World Cup 2 - Divide the current players into their current playing Country(ie S.Waugh with England) and play a World Cup with 2 Managers/Country...
* Play a KO tournament in the World Cup style with Normal Teams...

If you have any other suggestions post them here and after a while i will make a poll and get people to vote on the one they want...
:D:D:D:D

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
How about either of these...

1) We get drunk, and wake up with an animal in our bed.

2) 24 teams into 6 groups...

i don't know from there...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Personally I like the world cup 2 idea. It's good in that WCC has always been different to real life, and the whole idea of Steve Waugh playing for England would keep this going. I would help out also in the running of the competition as I think it would be good fun. The 2 managers per team is a really good idea.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
3rd option for me too i reckon.. i would like to see the 2nd one but the only countries invovled would be around 4 and not all managers will get equal chance...

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Who's going to run the comp?

Option 3 looks best. have 12 sides with 2 managers per side and play the comp.

Aus, Eng, Ind, Pak, SL, SA, WI, NZ, Bang, Ken, Zim, Holland or Canada or Scotland or Ireland (to make up the 12).

It'll be a big fight to who gets the big sides especially with so many Aussies and English managers. Maybe a draw for the popular sides. If only 2 guys want a team like Zimbabwe then they can have it etc.

I'll be interested in helping with the set up and running.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think u have misread option 3 completely Arg...

The normal teams i was refering to were NSW, QLD, etc..
but in a WC style...

The comp would be run by one of the other Board Members, but im sure some assistance would be greatly appreciated...

trueblueyork

U19 12th Man
the normal world cup seems to me as the best option.....

btw blewy,u reckon id get a national job??or is it just for the players of the game???

trueblueyork

U19 12th Man
the normal world cup seems to me as the best option.....

btw blewy,u reckon id get a national job??or is it just for the players of the game???

deckard

U19 Captain
I would prefer the 3rd option of a comp with our current teams that way all managers get a turn.....or maybe a we could all get random teams, i wouldnt mind managing another teams in that 8 week period it would be interesting. Also for those managers who do not want to take part or are unable to, we could get those teams to be managed by the ppl on the waiting list as a test to see if they will last the 8 weeks. Eg tby could manage SA.

trueblueyork

U19 12th Man
Originally posted by deckard
I would prefer the 3rd option of a comp with our current teams that way all managers get a turn.....or maybe a we could all get random teams, i wouldnt mind managing another teams in that 8 week period it would be interesting. Also for those managers who do not want to take part or are unable to, we could get those teams to be managed by the ppl on the waiting list as a test to see if they will last the 8 weeks. Eg tby could manage SA.
u have a good point there,u could judge the waiting list managers b4 inducting them in.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I imagine that with the proper World Cup going on, the staff will be fairly tied up in that - I know I will be...

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
I will b e away on the 8th of January as I am going to Bowral to watch the Bradman XI beat the c**p outta the Poms...

Whatever you want to do is fine by me as long as you give me plenty of notice to get teams in!!