• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Season So Far......

Rich2001

International Captain
So with each team having played at least 5 games now, what are your opinions of your team?

What players have stood out? Who have let the side down? Any major finds etc.....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i built my side for 4 day and not for 1 day, but so far i have lost 2 from 2 in 4 day, and won 2 from 2 in One day

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
South Australian Season So Far!!

Well high hopes were held for the SA team at the start of the season...
Manager Brendon Goff had hoped to take out the 4 Day comp and really challenge in the 1 Day comp, as well as make the semis in the VB Cup...

So lets dissect the Season So far....

Four Day
The season began with a win over Yorkshire, although it wasn't a convincing win it got us off to a good start. Our 2nd game was against Mumbai, and it all went wrong. We really wanted to bat 1st but Captain Lehmann put them in and we really struggled. The opportunity is still there to win the league BUT the all conquering Mumbai line-up looks very formidable and with them already knocking over NSW they have a few easy games left to go with a couple of tough ones. Our Main goal to win the remaining games and keep in the hunt....
Best Players so far
M.Jenkins, VVS Laxman, M.Harrity
Dissapointing Players so far
R.Stratton, D.Lehmann

One Day
Well the 1st one day game of the season was against Mumbai and we were pummeled...
Chasing a moderate total and we were rolled for a dismal 129...
In the 2nd game it was a much better performance, we batted brilliantly and bowled really well...
This has been reset as our main goal for the season to win the 1 Day league....
Best Players so far
M.Miller
Dissapointing Players so far
VVS Laxmann

VB Cup

NO COMMENT!!!!

Overall it has been a dissapointing start to the season, and i am regretting a little in picking up so many allrounders but thems the breaks and im sure that we can overcome this and really build on our season...

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Tasmania has played many games...

One Day: 1 from 2

Four Day: 2 from 2

Champions Trophy: 2 from 4

OVERALL: 5 from 8

A great start, hopefully to continue...

Very happy with all my bowlers! Disappointed in some of my batsmen, the middle order is a bit faulty.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worcestershire
It was a good start to the season winning the first one day match. Apart from that its been lean pickings. Losing the other one dayer and drawing both 4 day matches. an embarrasing defeat in the first round of the VB cup against Mumbai. A very poor start to the season for Worcs. Ive been most impressed with Michael Dighton, he wasnt going to be in my 11 at first but he has made a good score every time. Lee Carseldine hit form in the 2nd one dayer scoring a very big ton. Most dissapointing so far has been Abdul Razzaq and Romseh Kaluwitherana. Razzaq had taken wickets, but his batting is cauing concern. Even manager broncoman got him out in the nets last week. Addmittadley it was a good ball seeming away off the wicket.
Th aim is still to win the one day comp and hopefuly avoid releagation from the 4 day comp.

nibbs

International Captain
Wawrickshire

Currently I hate my team. We have some good players but lack real depth. The stars are Shaun Pollock and Sanath Jayiasria (I know thats wrong by the way). But neither has fired so far. We have relied on solid proformances from lesser stars, like Mark Wagh, S.Manjrekar and Matthew Bulbeck.

When season three begins, if its possible I will relocate my team to New Zealand, choosing one the remaining provinces (hopefully Auckland), my home. One of the problems is that the manager has been home sick. He has found Wawrickshire a real hole compared to life back in New Zealand. This has caused him to not coach to top of his ability.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't think you'll be able to change teams - Warwickshire are now members of the league. I guess your only chance would be to apply for any NZ jobs that come up.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugs malone relatively happy with the boys so far in all aspects of the game

in the 4day game had a tuff first game against mumbai and batted really wel in the 1st innings but lost the plot and gave mumbai the win, had a solid win against yorkshire but nothing to rave home about but ina solid position.

the one day comp has been a repeat performance from the boys with 2 from 2 with some good wins and a fe wof the boys putting in big performances

have not yet played a game in the vb cup but will hope to make it 2 from 2 in the comp and retain the silverware.

also dominated the challeng cup which was a good sign from the boys

all in all the nsw camp is happy with the progress so far and hope to go well in both forms and finish in top 3 for both and take out the vb cup again.

players that have stood out
m bevan (expected)
b haddin
b lara
s lee

nibbs

International Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
I don't think you'll be able to change teams - Warwickshire are now members of the league. I guess your only chance would be to apply for any NZ jobs that come up.
Aren't Wimbledon shifting their club to a new area? Why can't Warwickshire shift as well?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But the team and the team name is remaining the same, so what would be the point. Besides that, they don't have a proper home, and are moving 50 miles, not halfway across the world!

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Yorkshire Phoenix(I think phoenix is code for pansies)

After Me expected Yorkshire to suprise and upset some of the top teams everyone else was right(damn).After who cares how many games we havent even looked like winning a game...but we can hold our heads up high(well they stink and if they dont they can smell it bad).
The odds have narrowed for yorkshire not to win a match this season to 7-2 and narrowing.
Our only win came through a none existant(really) champions league cup thing and we stunk up the rest of the games.

Player of season so far.
Points-Player
4-Tendulkar
4-White
4-Fitzgerald
3-Richardson
3-Hoggard
I guessing im not taking points or anything all my players have stunk up the place....what am i meant to say

Ummm division 2 here we come.

[Edited on 22/11/2002 by Umpire Money]