• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Change of WCC Management

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With the long delay we have had and the changes for next season I've decided its time i step aside. As of next season Greg will take over full control of WCC and im hoping you guys give him all the support he needs.

Ive had a great time playing WCC for the next part of 4 and a half years but there has to come a time when you say goodbye and this is perfect timing. I've had heaps of fun from the early days of managing Worcs to the later years with ACT and SA while running the game. For me the enjoyment has always been there but a lack of time in recent months has ment my options have been fairly limited, I really hope everyone sticks around and helps out as much as possible as its still a great concept.

I feel ive gotten to the stage where I've gotten everything I possibly can out of the game and it's time for others to get the enjoyment from it. WCC has a long history in which over 100 people have been given the chance to manage teams, the current group of managers is among the best ever and it will be good to see some stand up in the future and maybe even become board members and run the game.

The friends I've made on here from WCC has been great, the game couldn’t have grown with the help of guys like Andrew (Cloete), Slats (Ian), Rich, Andrew (Age), Guy (Mr P), Kurt (Nibbs) and Reuben (Lord). Of course there’s been plenty more but you guys have been awesome. Lastly Blewy, this was his baby for years and if it wasn’t for him I bet a lot of us wouldn’t even be cricketweb members. For mine it was never the same after he left (and got a real baby :p) but the experience has definitely been a good one.

Cheers guys
Si...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Damn. Sad to see you go Simon because there were a few trades we could've discussed...

I mean :P Thanks for all you've done for us over time. You've really given up a lot of time to run this and I'm very grateful for it.

Hope you return as a manager one day.

Just won't be the same without you...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sad to see you go mate. Hopefully you will make a return once you find some time.
All the best in the future.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks for all the time and effort you put into the game. Both you and Blewy have made this game what it is. Its sad to see you go, but im sure Greg will do a brilliant job.

Cloete

International Captain
Never thought I'd see the day that you became a productive member of society by entering into the workforce. It's a shame it happened, because WCC won't be the same. Thanks for all your time over the years, for all the work and effort Blewy put in I'm sure it wouldn't have been what it was without you there too Simon.

Last couple of season when we've been battling it out have been paticularly fun. Especially considering the success of TN :D

But basically, thanks for all the time and effort you've put in because WCC owes alot to you and I'm sure everyone is appreciative of what you've done.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Thanks for all the time you put in, sad to see you go but i guess all good things must come to an end.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks Simon, you've done a terrific job and you will be sorely missed. I'm sure that Greg can do good job, but you were the one who got me into WCC.

andyc

WCC, without a doubt, wouldn't have been anything like it is today without yourself and Blewy. Thanks a lot for all your work, you'll be missed.

Matteh

I'll just echo the sentiments already posted in this thread as it's pretty much all been said.

cometer

State Regular
Cheers for everything you've done for WCC Simon. You put a lot of time and effort into running and maintaining this great simulation game and helped keep WCC as one of the best around. All the best and thanks for everything.