• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team Rookies for Season 2

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
paid they are as it is only a friendlys tournament

i have my 2 rookies in my nsw side buddy

Rich2001

International Captain
Stop giving me spinners!!!!!!!!

That's 5 I have now, oh well at least this one can actually bowl......

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My Rookie is no dud. He will surely be a star of the future. He has a 4 day avg. of 58.
Likewise I welcome J Wilkes onto the Surrey staff - he looks a very capable player to me!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
Ok people here are the 2nd lot of Rookies...
Even better player - probably the best rookie bowler drafted and he's coming to Surrey! :lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
Well the Kent lads would like to welcome T Hawkins to the club. He looks to have some great talent and a strong possiblity that he will be staying with the club ready for next season.

However what ever the name of the other guy is won't be, a pile of pants with a cherry on top !!!!! he may speak to other clubs whenever he wants.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Lol they cant create much havoc if they are only playing friendlies...

they wont be let loose from more than some friendlies so its all good ...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Hampshire U Stemman Fast | 8 6 43 62 | 21 27 73 45

Hampshire J Midlane WK | 18 0 0 0 | 33 0 0 0

After having a look at the players that my squad got .... which are really f****** s*** , well its the program i have to blame that got me these P.O.S ( peice of S*** ) damn it , they could might as well pack their bags and provide water for my team , ah im going to do that :D they are going to be used as waterboys

Rich man i really need that spinner u got wanna make a swap please!?!?

And look at the player my bro got... arghh its not even funny listening to a 12 year old laugh his ass of at you for a valid reason...... :(! :(! mixed emotions :(!:(:(!:(:(

[Edited on 29/10/2002 by lord_of_darkness]

deckard

U19 Captain
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
Hampshire U Stemman Fast | 8 6 43 62 | 21 27 73 45

Hampshire J Midlane WK | 18 0 0 0 | 33 0 0 0

After having a look at the players that my squad got .... which are really f****** s*** , well its the program i have to blame that got me these P.O.S ( peice of S*** ) damn it , they could might as well pack their bags and provide water for my team , ah im going to do that :D they are going to be used as waterboys

Rich man i really need that spinner u got wanna make a swap please!?!?

And look at the player my bro got... arghh its not even funny listening to a 12 year old laugh his ass of at you for a valid reason...... :(! :(! mixed emotions :(!:(:(!:(:(

[Edited on 29/10/2002 by lord_of_darkness]
LOL.....and the bad thing is that they are rookies so they prob wont play as good as their stats say

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
and the fact that they are of multiple uses ,

1) Use Rookies to kick soccer balls at when you feel lonely

2) Use Rookies as punching dummies when you want to relieve stress after losing to a team like S.A or Mumbai

3) Use Rookies to attract women if the rookies are good looking but not with names like Ben Dover, we arent going to get anywhere..

4) Use Rookies to carry beer

5) Use Rookies to cook food , clean dishes , lick shoes clean , what ever slavery job you need to do..

6) Rookies to fan you when u are hot in a game when playing in Wankhede Stadium ( Mumbai , India ) and to serve the team and you water...

My conclusion rookies arent that bad..... They are Sh*T

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I guess it's the luck of the draw but gee the Leicester manager got 2 shockers. The winners seem to be Lancashire, New South Wales, Surrey (big time), Warwickshire and Colts.

I got one good and one bad so I can't complain.

Maybe another draft might have improved things.

deckard

U19 Captain
I dont know y some ppl are so pissed off or in some casees happy cos u really dont know how they will play cos vc edits the stats and stuff

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by The Argonaut
I guess it's the luck of the draw but gee the Leicester manager got 2 shockers. The winners seem to be Lancashire, New South Wales, Surrey (big time), Warwickshire and Colts.

I got one good and one bad so I can't complain.

Maybe another draft might have improved things.
I'm more than happy by my pair!

How do you mean another draft - these are players trained up by the youth team staff for each club.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
my new players can f*ck off, they wont be welcomed into the squad, my current players will treat them as outcasts. They dont deserve a spot in my all mighty team.

deckard

U19 Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
How do you mean another draft
I think he was talking about a rookies draft kinda like the AFL

Originally posted by marc71178
these are players trained up by the youth team staff for each club.
I dont know about that...it looks like some of the guys have been pulled off the street.....or the staff were constantly drunk

I guess a draft system would be more fair but its a bit late for that......plus i think that the simulator might have to be changed.....cos some of these players are pretty bad and these players are meant to be like the best players from the youth squads or whatever.....

deckard

U19 Captain
Originally posted by Graham
It wouldn't alter them by a huge amount though, surely!
Ive used VC before so i know that the stats are altered and i think for inexperienced players that stats are altered more than usual.....plus also remember that keeping rookies will be a risk cos their stats will go down heaps at the end of the season if they dont perform cos they are inexperienced and stuff