• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***PRESS RELEASE***

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
**Saturday 26th October, 2002**

WCCC HQ, Sydney..

In a major development today at WCCC headquaters, a multi million dollar sponsorship deal was made between the WCCC and huge Australian Brewing company Carlton and United Breweries.
The Deal see's the former WCC CA Cup getting a name change and now being known as the VB Cup.
The deal is rumoured to be worth in the zone of $8,000,000 mainly due to the fact that all teams who enter the VB Cup automatically get a Months suplpy of VB(which the company has employed 100,000 new staff to accomodate with the massive demand) and the competition winners getting a Years supply of VB as well as a $250,000 1st prize...

Spokesman for CUB Al Coholic said that the company was excited about the new relationship and hopes that the cricketing boys don't put the company out of business...

Other Incentives in the deal, see's VB supply any player a lifetimes supply of VB if they can complete the allrounder trio...
it involves the following:

1/ Hit a six whilst holding a stubbie of VB
2/ Take a Catch whilst holding a stubbie of VB
3/ Bowl and over and take a wicket whilst holding a stubbie of VB

WCC Owner Brendon Goff was happy with the deal, and heres what he had to say after sampling the product, "This great is deal a WCC the for, I very am to be in partnership happy VB with..."

nibbs

International Captain
Any chance of striking a deal with Lion Breweries. That Australian crap just aint my go. I prefer Lion Red or Tui, a NEW ZEALAND beer.

My players and supporters have all agree to Australian beer is no match for kiwi beer.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We Surrey players prefer a good English Beer (like Stella!) :D

However, we will try this Australian stuff.

Never been able to get New Zealand beer over here Muzza, so can't comment.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I being a kiwi and on the board .. wonder how this was never discussed on the board :P !?

I think New Zealand beer should be represented too , but tui and lion red is utter cr*p they taste like S*it , now a real beer is New Zealands Steinlager or Speights !!

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
We Surrey players prefer a good English Beer (like Stella!) :D

However, we will try this Australian stuff.

Never been able to get New Zealand beer over here Muzza, so can't comment.
Totally agree Marc, in fact drinking it as I type :D

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Originally posted by Rich2001
Originally posted by Eyes_Only
I know I have been out of the loop for a while GB...but has the Board discussed this??

If me and GB count then yes :D
As I said I've been out of the loop for a while but I thought the Board needed to discuss matters such as these!!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
As I said I've been out of the loop for a while but I thought the Board needed to discuss matters such as these!!
Yes thats right , especially when forcing kiwis to drink australian brewed beer , i mean god knows what might be in there ??!! 99% water .5%soda water .5%colour :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness

Yes thats right , especially when forcing kiwis to drink australian brewed beer , i mean god knows what might be in there ??!! 99% water .5%soda water .5%colour :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D That's not actually what I meant Reub...but I guess any excuse will do right?? :P