• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**NOTE**

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The Scoring system shown on the bottom of the scorecards is incorrect...

The scoring system for the 4 ay games is as follows....

Points System

6 Pnts for Outright Win
4 Pnts for a win 1st inns/Draw
2 Pnts for a loss 1st Inns/draw
0 Pnts for Loss

Bonus Pnts(Only in 1st Inns)

Batting Score

1 Pnt 250-300
2 Pnts 301-350
3 Pnts 351-400
4 Pnts 401-450
5 Pnts 451+

Bowling(bowl a team out for)
1 Pnt 301-350
2 Pnts 251-300
3 Pnts 201-250
4 Pnts 151-200
5 Pnts Under 150

[Edited on 26/10/2002 by Gregory Blewett]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think there should be some bonus for a losing draw - it's unfair to class it the same as a loss.

Graham

3rd Umpire
I agree with Marc that it's unfair to class a first innings loss as a loss. A FC match is played over 2 innings each, not 1. A draw should be worth more than a loss.

My suggestion:

10 pts for a win
5 pts for a draw
1 bonus pts for 1st innings win
0 for loss

I strongly urge you to reconsider this GB as the current system of scoring demeans the value of the FC competition.
[Edited on 25/10/2002 by Graham]

[Edited on 25/10/2002 by Graham]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I still think 10 for a win, but maybe award 2 points for 1st innings Lead in a mtach that isn't won, and 4 for a draw.

So 10 - 6 - 4 - 2 - 0?

Add bonus points on top of that.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Please Take Note to the latest changes to the Scoring System at the top of the page!!!

It has been changed so that teams who draw a match get points and the team that gains the 1st inns win will get points as well...

deckard

U19 Captain
I hav some concerns about the recent changes in that i think that with the bonus points for 1st innings win and the reduction for an outright win would mean that Colts would get more points than Canterbury even though Canterbury won which doesnt seem very fair.....

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
The pts of outright win should be double the points of draw.
10 for outright win
5 for draw
0 for loss
There should be no points for any 1st innings win as there are bonus points for batting and bowling in the first innings.

[Edited on 26/10/2002 by aditya]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea i think the new one needs a change again seeing what graham and decky stated sounds a bit right from their point of view..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think GB has mistyped - my recollection is that it is 4 points for 1st Innings lead in a draw and 2 points for not having the lead.

Also it's 2 points for first innings lead in a lost match?

Graham

3rd Umpire
Will this mean that Canterbury get more points overall for their win against Colts than Colts get for their outright loss?

Thanks GB for being prepared to listen to others' suggestions for improvement. :cool2: