• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Relegation/promotion release

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The board has come to an agreement on the structure for promotions and relegations at the end of this season. it will be as follows:

Division 1
1. Team 1A
2. Team 2A
3. Team 3A
4. Team 4A
5. Team 5A
6. Team 6A
7. Team 7A
8. Team 8A
9. Team 9A
10. Team 10A

Division 2
1. Team 1B
2. Team 2B

3. Team 3B
4. Team 4B
5. Team 5B
6. Team 6B
7. Team 7B
8. Team 8B

Division 3
1. Team 1C
2. Team 2C
3. Team 3C
4. Team 4C
5. Team 5C
6. Team 6C

Division 1/2
Team 1B and Team 2B from Division 2 would get automatically promoted to Division 1 while Team 9A and Team 10A would be automatically relegated from Division 1 to Division 2.
Team 3B would play Team 8A for the chance to be promoted to Division 1. If 3B wins they get to go to Division 1 while 8A gets dropped to Division 2. If 8A wins, they stay in Division 1 and 3B stays in Division 2.

Division 2/3
Same structure as above except just Team 1C gets promtoed automatically from Division 3 to Division 2 at the expense of Team 8B.
While Team 2Cplays Team 7B for the chance to get into Division 2.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the case of a draw in the FC playoffs, (unless they're unlimited games?), what happens?

Mister Wright

Matteh said:
In the case of a draw in the FC playoffs, (unless they're unlimited games?), what happens?
Teams would stay in same divisions I'd assume.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not sure. I'll let Simon field this one.

Maybe a rematch I don't know.

Edit: Actually, I think we can have unlimited games so it'd be played in that format.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if its a draw the team in the higher division gets to retain their place. Much like the Pura Cup final where the home team only needs a draw to win the trophy...

Perm

Sounds good, I'm hoping Northerns can string together some more wins so we can secure our spot in Division 1.

Matteh

Pretty sure i'm going down in FC. OD, currently sitting in that playoff spot and hoping that i win that final game as SA's net RR is worse and i'd stay up. :cool: