• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Bar Cup Semi Finals Discussion and Results

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mumbai vs Colts @ Warwickshire
Guyana vs Tasmania @ Western Province

Three underdogs and one of the powerhouses of OD in WCC, be interesting to see who goes through to the final. None of these sides have won the cup before so we will have a first time winner.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Guyana the team to beat one feels...
Lol. There's a sentence I'd never thought I'd hear around here.

We've been spectacular in the CW Bar cup, however, we've been lucky to get this far. And will need to pull out a mighty effort to even think about lifting the Cup in a couple of weeks.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Lol. There's a sentence I'd never thought I'd hear around here.

We've been spectacular in the CW Bar cup, however, we've been lucky to get this far. And will need to pull out a mighty effort to even think about lifting the Cup in a couple of weeks.
You should beat Tasmania and last time i checked you beat us, so i would say you are the favorites. Hope your boys can live with the pressure.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
tasmania did play well to get to where they are . maybe a bit of a dark horse i feel.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
We'll only win if Kyle remembers to post his team sheet this time, my 2nd XI side this week looked like it could have been the firsts had it not been for an almost entirely rookie bowling attack.

Mister Wright

crickhowell said:
We'll only win if Kyle remembers to post his team sheet this time, my 2nd XI side this week looked like it could have been the firsts had it not been for an almost entirely rookie bowling attack.
Bloody missed it again.

You've got to get a team in if I don't.

I'm not far away from being kicked out now. If not already.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
chaminda_00 said:
Hmm might be time to take the cup more seriously now we are in the final.
You do realise that the CW Bar Cup is run off a different simming file and ahs no bearing on the OD comp form? :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
NZTailender said:
You do realise that the CW Bar Cup is run off a different simming file and ahs no bearing on the OD comp form? :p
Yes why do i think i been playing 2nd XI sides for most of the matches.

NZTailender

chaminda_00 said:
Yes why do i think i been playing 2nd XI sides for most of the matches.

I was thinking three things

1) You don't care.
2) You're arrogant.
3) You didn't want to ruin anyones form...

:sleep:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
NZTailender said:
I was thinking three things

1) You don't care.
2) You're arrogant.
3) You didn't want to ruin anyones form...

:sleep:
Or maybe we are building a side for the future and seeing how the younster perform, pretty much what the cup is for, trying things.

NZTailender

chaminda_00 said:
Or maybe we are building a side for the future and seeing how the younster perform, pretty much what the cup is for, trying things.

No, the Cup is a knock out tournament for winning. 2nd XI is more a place to try out things...

Or am I the only person who really wanted to win the cup so I fielded my best XI? While playing most of my rookies and up and coming players in the seconds to try stuff out? (Nick did it and I've continued it..) :(

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
NZTailender said:
No, the Cup is a knock out tournament for winning. 2nd XI is more a place to try out things...

Or am I the only person who really wanted to win the cup so I fielded my best XI? While playing most of my rookies and up and coming players in the seconds to try stuff out? (Nick did it and I've continued it..) :(
The thing is you can only keep one rookie, so you can't really build a future 1st XI by playing a bunch of rookies in the 2nd XI. Whereas in the cup you can have 3 to 4 guys that have the potential to make the 1st XI playing with current 1st XI players, or play some guys in more important positions where they might play in the future.

Well thats what i tired to do in the cup and it worked pretty well.

Mister Wright

NZTailender said:

Nah. I used a 1st XI.

NZTailender

chaminda_00 said:
The thing is you can only keep one rookie, so you can't really build a future 1st XI by playing a bunch of rookies in the 2nd XI. Whereas in the cup you can have 3 to 4 guys that have the potential to make the 1st XI playing with current 1st XI players, or play some guys in more important positions where they might play in the future.

Well thats what i tired to do in the cup and it worked pretty well.

You're allowed to keep as many rookies as you like.

I thought this was posted but maybe not. Was agreed on at last board meeting.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
What a knock from Emerson, really got us out of trouble. Looks like we'll be the underdogs in the final, hopefully we'll pull something off.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
NZTailender said:
You're allowed to keep as many rookies as you like.

I thought this was posted but maybe not. Was agreed on at last board meeting.
Can i start playing some all rookie XI in ODs now Tharmi, i don't think we have much chance of winning the title. :(