Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: CW Bar Cup Semi Finals Discussion and Results

  1. #16
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender
    No, the Cup is a knock out tournament for winning. 2nd XI is more a place to try out things...


    Or am I the only person who really wanted to win the cup so I fielded my best XI? While playing most of my rookies and up and coming players in the seconds to try stuff out? (Nick did it and I've continued it..)
    The thing is you can only keep one rookie, so you can't really build a future 1st XI by playing a bunch of rookies in the 2nd XI. Whereas in the cup you can have 3 to 4 guys that have the potential to make the 1st XI playing with current 1st XI players, or play some guys in more important positions where they might play in the future.

    Well thats what i tired to do in the cup and it worked pretty well.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  2. #17
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,362
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender
    No, the Cup is a knock out tournament for winning. 2nd XI is more a place to try out things...


    Or am I the only person who really wanted to win the cup so I fielded my best XI? While playing most of my rookies and up and coming players in the seconds to try stuff out? (Nick did it and I've continued it..)
    Nah. I used a 1st XI.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

  3. #18
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,498
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    The thing is you can only keep one rookie, so you can't really build a future 1st XI by playing a bunch of rookies in the 2nd XI. Whereas in the cup you can have 3 to 4 guys that have the potential to make the 1st XI playing with current 1st XI players, or play some guys in more important positions where they might play in the future.

    Well thats what i tired to do in the cup and it worked pretty well.

    You're allowed to keep as many rookies as you like.

    I thought this was posted but maybe not. Was agreed on at last board meeting.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

  4. #19
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield
    Posts
    4,412
    What a knock from Emerson, really got us out of trouble. Looks like we'll be the underdogs in the final, hopefully we'll pull something off.


  5. #20
    First Class Debutant
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender
    You're allowed to keep as many rookies as you like.

    I thought this was posted but maybe not. Was agreed on at last board meeting.
    Can i start playing some all rookie XI in ODs now Tharmi, i don't think we have much chance of winning the title.
    38th Test Player for CW XI

    Test Career: 28 Mts, 2108 runs @ 42.16
    FC Career: 153 Mts, 12569 runs @ 45.21
    List A Career: 94 Mts, 2458 runs @ 30.35
    Twenty20 Career: 17 Mts, 352 runs @ 25.14

  6. #21
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by new_age_ar
    Can i start playing some all rookie XI in ODs now Tharmi, i don't think we have much chance of winning the title.
    No one was stopping you from playing them in the first place.

  7. #22
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    things sound organised at Colts...

  8. #23
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    atleast my 2nd XI manager doesn't want to quit...

  9. #24
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,498
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    atleast my 2nd XI manager doesn't want to quit...

    Haha. Ouch.

  10. #25
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    atleast my 2nd XI manager doesn't want to quit...
    hmm urs already has once this season hasnt he?...

  11. #26
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    hmm urs already has once this season hasnt he?...
    Was given leave to complete some study and will given more leave after this round again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW Bar Cup Semi Finals
    By Simon in forum WCC - Team Sheets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 07:33 PM
  2. WCC World Cup Semi Finals
    By Blewy in forum WCC - Team Sheets
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 12:25 AM
  3. CW Bar Cup Semi Finals Results and Discussion
    By Simon in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-08-2005, 01:59 AM
  4. CW Bar Cup Semi Finals Fixtures and Discussion
    By Simon in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 01:49 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16-03-2003, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •