• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Retirement Rookies

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At the recent board meeting we decided to reintroduce retirement rookies. These players will replace the guys that will retire at the end of this season. These players cannot be picked until next season...

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I see the days of average rookies were short lived, kind of wish some of my older players had retired now.

Simon

chaminda_00 said:
I see the days of average rookies were short lived, kind of wish some of my older players had retired now.
tbh no more than 3 or 4 at best would make most peoples first XI's

cometer

State Regular
it's not that bad really I only see 3 really good players there and 1 of those 3 is pretty expensive in one day. The rest aren't really that great, but aren't terribly bad either.

ash chaulk

International Captain
yorkshire got a boss keeper.

and tassie did well

out of my 2 rookies beeby the allrounder may be starting XI and bunyard can play OD

Simon

chaminda_00 said:
I count 6 to 8, there only 3 or 4 guns though, which i guess is not that bad.
Carter, Kumar, Browning and Jayasuria are the only really good players and as dave said Browning is pretty expensive but has a good strike rate.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pity we can't have them play till next season, cause Mackle might have actually earnt himself retention (not actually saying I want that to happen, it would obviously be way too unfair). Still, Yorks, TN and Tasmania must be pretty happy with their rookies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By the way Simon, I'm fairly sure you can attach an excel file directly now, rather than zipping it.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Pretty stoked with Kumar. Other guy will probably goto the draft.

Simon, I take it the RR's can go straight into the 1st XI?

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
can someone post the stats for my RR's? Havent got around to installing Excel since i reformatted my computer....

Simon

NZTailender said:
Pretty stoked with Kumar. Other guy will probably goto the draft.

Simon, I take it the RR's can go straight into the 1st XI?
yeh RR's will just replace retirement players...

Simon

andyc said:
By the way Simon, I'm fairly sure you can attach an excel file directly now, rather than zipping it.
yeh i know, but its a smaller file if i zip it...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mike:

J Neill, 20, wk, 34.78 bat FC, low order grafter, 38.3 bat OD
B Jayasuria, 20, fast, 2.3 bat FC, 18.94 bowl avg (42.1 SR, 2.7 er) FC, tail end stroke player, 1.6 bat OD, 20.09 bowl (30.44 SR, 3.96 ER), 9 opm OD.

Lucky you. :p (Though Dinuk isn't awful either.)

Cloete

International Captain
andyc said:
Pity we can't have them play till next season, cause Mackle might have actually earnt himself retention (not actually saying I want that to happen, it would obviously be way too unfair). Still, Yorks, TN and Tasmania must be pretty happy with their rookies.
Not really. He's better than Reifer but I'd take Parida any day of the week over him. He'll probably be traded fairly quickly.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Mike:

J Neill, 20, wk, 34.78 bat FC, low order grafter, 38.3 bat OD
B Jayasuria, 20, fast, 2.3 bat FC, 18.94 bowl avg (42.1 SR, 2.7 er) FC, tail end stroke player, 1.6 bat OD, 20.09 bowl (30.44 SR, 3.96 ER), 9 opm OD.

Lucky you. :p (Though Dinuk isn't awful either.)
Thanks mate :)