• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 1 - OD : Reports

Rich2001

International Captain
Reports to be posted here

And the Kent manager will post when he has got over the total wipping of the so called "mighty" ND team.......

:D :D :D :D

Other winners this week....

Division 1

WA
Mumbai
Queensland
NSW

Division 2

Surrey
Worcestershire
Glamorgan

Division 3

Tasmania
Colts
Leicestershire
Canterbury

[Edited on 18/10/02 by Rich2001]

Graham

3rd Umpire
When do we get the scorecards? I'm wondering if others would prefer the results emailed first before knowing the results here as I would. Not a criticism Rich - just canvassing opinion.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Results will be emailed very very soon Graham... just having some lunch and then they will be out...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Great why was i expecting high from Hampshire ?!?!

Match Fixing probe committe please come and have a look at my game

Congrats Rich !! nice win mate :lol: :lol: atleast my loss wasnt that bad megan :lol:

And anyway things can only get better , i reckon it would be the same say for S.Australian team :lol: :lol :lol:

Conclusion its just a funny first game thats all

Graham

3rd Umpire
QUEENSLAND v LANCASHIRE

Lancashire's high hopes of taking out the OD title this season had an early setback as A.Flintoff, a player they traded to Queensland during the off season, destroyed their batting effort.
Flintoff had done virtually nothing of note during the first season with Lancashire, but certainly proved a point here!

Lancashire batted first and got off to a poor start with both A.Schiller and M.Ramprakash back in the pavilion at 21/2.
A.Swann (57) and K.Baumgarner (43) put the innings back on track before four wickets fell quickly to leave the innings staggering again at 129/6.
R.Dravid (44) and A.Dale (30) steadied the ship again, but when their partnership ended at 188/7, the tail folded quickly and the innings ended at 198 all out.
A.Flintoff was the destroyer with 5/26 with good support from J.Hopes with 2/36.

When the home side came to the crease, M.Hayden fell quickly, but N.Hussain (93no) came to the wicket and proceeded to anchor the Queensland innings as they went through to 202/6 to win by 4 wickets. J.Maher (32) was the only other batsman to contribute a reasonable score.
Of the visiting bowlers, C.Schofield continued his devastating form from last season with 4/23 while ex-Queenslander A.Dale was tight with 1/38 and R.Munnik took 1/40.

The match was tight, but full marks to the reigning champions and don't write Lancashire off just yet!:rolleyes:

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
The Glamorgan side kicked off the new season with a comfortable win over Victoria.

Victoria batted first and reached 9/210. Nobody stood out for the Victorians with Harvey 39 and Lewis 33* the picks. Klusener was expensive but took 3 wickets (3/62). Dale 2/25 and Davies 2/43 also bowled well.

Victory for Glamorgan was never in doubt as they lost only 4 wickets in the chase. The best performers were Ganguly 66 and Newell 71. Leatherdale 2/31 was th best of the bowlers.

The drinks flowed and fun was had by all.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
KARNATAKA VS COLTS

Playing at home Karnataka were favourites to win and the Colts team were seen as underdogs.This pressure of favourites got to Karnatakans and they lost a close match.

Colts won the toss and elected to bat.Karnataka opening bowlers bowled their herats out and colts were left reeling on 4/23.Both the opening bowlers taking two wickets each.But then rookie W Anderson and J Arunkumar got together and had a patnership of 95 runs.The patnership was broken by a runout.W Anderson went on to make an excellent hundred(139 of 122 balls).He got good assistance from the tail and colts posted a total of 257.

Karnataka started their chase in a positive way but were a little slow.The 1st wicket patnership was broken at 62.Then karnataka's best batsman av kale got out for just a run.Karnataka were on 3/85.Then there was a good patnership between T Naidu and B Rowland.But in the end pressure got to the Karnataka players and they lost by just 7 runs.The credit goes to the colts players who kept their cool and won the match.

It was a very closely fought match.The highlight of the match was an excellent century from rookie W Anderson and 5/40 by another rookie G richards.In all it was a cracker of a match and crowd got their moneys worth.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
I will post my report on this game after I get news regarding two friends of mine who are missing as a result of the Bali Bomb Blasts

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Congrats Rich !! nice win mate :lol: :lol: atleast my loss wasnt that bad megan :lol:

And anyway things can only get better , i reckon it would be the same say for S.Australian team :lol: :lol :lol:
Thanks mate but my mind has been elsewhere this week as two friends of mine are missing as a result of the Bali Bomb Blast!:(:(:(

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Eyes_Only
I will post my report on this game after I get news regarding two friends of mine who are missing as a result of the Bali Bomb Blasts
Sorry to hear that mate, hope you hear something really soon :(

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Originally posted by Rich2001
One missing ...one confirmed dead!!

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Rich2001
One missing ...one confirmed dead!!
Really sorry to hear that Eyes, maybe not hearing was better...

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
I thought so too....but at least we know for sure...

The worst thing is my best (male) friend....not Simon before you say it :P is in China and was coming home via Bali...only thing is...I'm not sure when!!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i have to agree that the colts v. Karna match was a cracker, worth the even odds with just 7 runs in it i would also like to thank Karna from whos pick i got Anderson with :)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Tassie's Triumph

Tasmania were met with a chilly, overcast Auckland day. They were met with a cracked, and green pitch which was going to make batting hard from the outset. When Jamie Cox was caught out early with the score still on naught things were looking bright, but then the match was taken away from Auckland with a gritty partnership between Saeed Anwar and Mike DiVenuto. DiVenuto was then dismissed for 53 by Chris Harriss, and captain Derik Anderson persisted with allrounders harriss and joshi. These players were rewarded and destroyed Tasmania's middle order and Donald was then bought on to clean up the tail and finish with 3/22. However whilst Anwar's team mates were falling around him, he remained strong and batted on for 86, to carry his bat with the innnings closing at 184.

Auckland's top order then started out poorly with a strong Tasmanian pace attack restricting the side to 6/39. Ashwall Prince was the only one who showed resistance battling out for 18, however it was in vail as Muralitharen is starting the season for Tassy where he should be as the worlds best bowler, by killing off any hope of a comeback by taking 3/16. Auckland were bundled out for an embaressing 69, and are about to go over to take batting lessons run by the Australian side with Pakistan.
All credit however must go to Tasmania for completely outplaying Auckland and to man of the match Saeed Anwar.

Manager of Auckland.:frog:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worcs win against Warwicks

Warwickshire won the toss and elected to bat first on a good deck. They were soon in trouble at 4/38 and looking like being bowled out for a Pakistan like score. But a solid partnership saw them get to 111 before they lost their 5th wicket.
The wickets consistently feel for the rest of the innings and Warwickshire were dismissed for 189 in just the 30th over.
Razzaq picked up 4/70 off 8 overs, Nicky Boje picked up 3 good wickets at the death to finish with 3/2.
Worcs did it easy in reply getting the runs 4 wickets down. Smith did the damage with a brilliant 70, WCC record holder Pipe made 89 off 92 balls.
A solid 6 wicket win first up for Worcs.

Rich2001

International Captain
Kent vs ND @ Kent

KENT OFF TO A FLYER

With the WCC season 2 getting under way, Kent knew their visitors would provide a tough test so early in the season after pre season friendlies…..or so I thought.

Kent won the toss and elected to bat on a wicket that seemed to offer little advantage either way.

Kent’s innings got of to a solid start from a new look Kent side with just 2 of last season’s players making the team. M.Butcher started in typical fashion with a steady start while allowing the more flamboyant A.Flower to play his shots. With the score at just 30, disaster struck with N.Bracken removing M.Butcher for just 12. Kent needed big partnerships with the batting being so short, however all they got was bad news, A.Flower being dismissed just two runs later when G.Aldridge had in spectacularly caught at extra cover, Flower contributing 20 at nearly a run a ball. However this was to spark Kent into life as it bought one of the biggest names in cricket S.Waugh and young rookie B.Allen. Both batsmen started off their innings in a recovery mood but soon started to attack the ND bowling attack with devastating effect. Allen showed no mercy to the ND attack with a run a ball 48 and was unlucky to be caught after a ball pitch on a length and took off, fending the ball away B.Oldroyd took a fine catch close in. Meanwhile S.Waugh was pummelling the bowlers to all parts in a very aggressive innings not normally associated with S.Waugh. S.Waugh however took it one step to far when he attempted to loft the ball over mid-on and only succeeded in edging through to the wicketkeeper. Waugh departed for an exhilarating innings of 90 from just 72 balls, leaving the Kent innings in a very strong position of 190/4. That would be the last success that ND would experience for this innings as the muched travelled D.Marsh and spin bowler G.Batty linked up to add further misery to ND manager Eyes. The pair put on a further 113 runs for the 5th wicket with Marsh contributing a fine 74* (74) and Batty 52* (52).

The Kent innings finally ended on a monster of a total, 303/5. The ND to be fair started well, but lost it when the onslaught started, only two bowlers got among the wickets

G.Aldridge : 10-1-68-2
N.Bracken : 9-1-59-2

The only other bowler to have any respectability was Tuffey: -

D.Tuffey : 10-4-39-0

In reply ND required a massive 304 to win and were never in the hunt when Kent’s opening bowlers went for the kill, with just 14 on the board ND had already lost 3 wickets, however a spirited fight back lead by J Rhodes (43) / S Fleming (29) gave ND a faint glimmer of hope of victory, but after both departed through Hutton & Smith the writing was on the wall, however although victory was now certain Kent manager was surprised just how quickly it came, with the last 7 wickets falling for just 14 runs. ND were all out for 96 in just 26 overs.

Kent’s bowlers helped by the massive amount of runs on the board were able to attack and all the bowlers chipped in with fine figures.

M.McCague 3 0 18 2
M.Saggers 5 2 20 1
S Hutton 8 2 26 3
H.Singh 7 2 26 2
N.Smith 2 0 5 1

A fantastic way to start the season from the Kent boys but lets not get to carried away just yet there’s still a long way to go, but it’s a encouraging start from a OD team I expected to be fighting for survival rather than promotion.

Summary

Kent – 303/5
ND – 96 All Out

Kent won by 207 Runs
MOM – S.Waugh

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Tassie Destroy Auckland

Sometimes it takes the fun out of Cricket by completly out playing a side... But not this game :)

Tasmania came to Auckland boasting a fast bowling team and they didn't disappoint.

After losing Cox for a duck, the batting of Anwar and DiVenuto combined for a 119 run stand. But after losing continual wickets Tasmanian opener Anwar was stranded on 86*, carrying his bat in the total of 184.

Bowling was pure skill with all bowlers getting at least one wicket. J.Gillespie 2-19, T.Canning 3-13, F.Akram 1-21, M.Muralitharan 3-16 & N.Kulkarni 1-0 all bowled well getting the demorilised Auckland team All Out for 69.

Tas 184
Auck 69

MOM Anwar for his carring of the bat.

Ryan_t2002

School Boy/Girl Captain
W.Australia had an absolute cracker of a start , after scoring 253 odd we restricted them and won by around 110 runs , a real good performance by the team , and im sure there is more to come from this strong formation team !