• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st XI Position Open!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Bump, less than a day left, and I'm yet to get an application. ANYONE CAN APPLY! First XI, second XI or WCC newbie :)

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
I'll apply, I suppose (sorry, DCYE :)). Greg has insisted that I'd do a good job of managing a first eleven team of my own, and I really would like to give it a good shot.
I'm currently the Second XI manager for Yorkshire.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I don't care, the squad is **** IMO.
Is it the squad is **** or is it you are not a good enough manager to make them decent??

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Blewy said:
Is it the squad is **** or is it you are not a good enough manager to make them decent??

:laugh:

Nick has the right attitude IMO. The Kent squad isn't that of "superstars" but then, Nicks' experience with Yorkshire makes him over-qualified for managing mediocrity :cool:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Blewy said:
Regardless of what I think, you already have your mind made up so I don't care. :thumbsup: to your amazing wit, though.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
NZTailender said:
:laugh:

Nick has the right attitude IMO. The Kent squad isn't that of "superstars" but then, Nicks' experience with Yorkshire makes him over-qualified for managing mediocrity :cool:
Thanks for your support, Greg :) but Yorkshire arent exactly mediocre. They're well-and-truely on their way up this season.
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Regardless of what I think, you already have your mind made up so I don't care. :thumbsup: to your amazing wit, though.
Dice, what's to say Jamee's made up his mind?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
chooka_nick said:
Thanks for your support, Greg :) but Yorkshire arent exactly mediocre. They're well-and-truely on their way up this season.

Dice, what's to say Jamee's made up his mind?
Oh, im the boss here.. Didnt you know :p

Oh wait i gave that up a few months back...

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Blewy said:
Oh, im the boss here.. Didnt you know :p

Oh wait i gave that up a few months back...
hahahaha Blewy :p By 'Dice' I meant DCYE. By my twisted thinking - and my annoyance at having to think about the actual acronym - I've taken to calling him Dice.
Dont ask why xD
And yeah, I knew you were the manager here. I read your resignation.

cricketboy29

International Regular
I managed Kent once upon a time..It was pretty sad actually...losing to the colts in FC..

Thank God for Queensland:D

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Jamee999 said:
OK, Chooka nick, you're appointed as Kent manager :)
Thanks Jamee, and Greg :p
hahahaha Gaurav, here's hoping I dont suffer the same fate :)
Jamee, how can you get me all the squad info?