• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Contracted Players

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there any way possible a contracted player can play for the 2nd XI? C Donald is one of my contracted players and he is terribly out of form. I can't afford to keep selecting him in the 1st XI and I need him to regain form!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
Is there any way possible a contracted player can play for the 2nd XI? C Donald is one of my contracted players and he is terribly out of form. I can't afford to keep selecting him in the 1st XI and I need him to regain form!
nope not gonna happen :p

Mister Wright

I think it's something that should be looked at next year. Not sure what the solution would be, but something I think that should be discussed.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
I think it's something that should be looked at next year. Not sure what the solution would be, but something I think that should be discussed.
that would defeat the purpose of having them then...
they are effectively your star players could you imagine Ricky Ponting being dropped by Tasmania if he has 4 or 5 bad games?

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
that would defeat the purpose of having them then...
they are effectively your star players could you imagine Ricky Ponting being dropped by Tasmania if he has 4 or 5 bad games?
It's more than 4 or 5 games. He's played all but two games due to injury, and has a highest score of about 35 in both forms and averages under 10 in both.

Simon

ash chaulk said:
yeah but he could be dropped by australia to tasmania ..... i like kyles idea
so in other words just scrap the contracted players idea?

because VC4 can only handle 25 player squads contracted players arent part of the 2nd XI file, we can scrap the contracted players and then the rookies would have to go, meaning u can only have 25 players to cover 2 teams... a shame if you get a few injuries...

cricketboy29

International Regular
I think that the contracted players are there for a reason, and it should be kept that away. I've got B Khan whose contracted whose averaging 4.2 in OD games this year, when he's career average is 48, so....I guess you just have to live with it..

ash chaulk

International Captain
broncoman said:
so in other words just scrap the contracted players idea?

because VC4 can only handle 25 player squads contracted players arent part of the 2nd XI file, we can scrap the contracted players and then the rookies would have to go, meaning u can only have 25 players to cover 2 teams... a shame if you get a few injuries...
i wasnt saying scrap it i love it.... i took what kyle said as 5 contracted for FC 5 for OD?