• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

bugs thinking of retiring

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by bugssy
news flash, bugs lookingat hanging the towel up. will make his decision shortly

:(
:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

NO Way Bug's.... Why????

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by bugssy
news flash, bugs lookingat hanging the towel up. will make his decision shortly

:(
If you do leave Bug's, the Kent manager would like to be considered for the step down to the NSW post :D

Athough it would be a huge step down the Kent manager Rich2001 feels that it's a step worth taking :D

Rich2001

International Captain
In the recent shock news that Bug's may leave his mighty NSW team, the board have made inquires into potential replacments....

It appears that Kent manager Rich2001, has pulled out of the running, and will stay with his current Kent team. Reasons for pulling out are unknown as yet.

Lets hope no replacment needs to be found and that Bug's has a change of heart and choses to stay.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Graham
Yeah Bugs - no need to leap from a sinking ship just yet m8!:lol:
LOL, I told you not to run the friendlies GB! espically the game vs SA, you knew it would upset him :lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Graham
I don't think the 10 wicket loss to Lancs helped much either!:P

:lol: Iam pretty sure it didn't....

It's a damn job job NSW didn't lose to Kent, now that would have been really bad......

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
IN A MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT, bugs meet with nsw board members today after the win at north sydney oval and the board convinced bugs malone to stay on as manager after a fine 1st season, and has re sighned for an indefinate time.

nsw board are happy to have him as coach and hope the relationship stays ona s well as it has been.

we spoke to nsw manager after the meeting and asked the massive question

why??????????

look there are a few personal reasons that i dodnt want to go into but things have worked out with the board and i will be staying on.so thats all i have to say.
thankyou

[Edited on 14/05/2002 by bugssy]

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
good to see your staying on. But i ask u this, if i was to announce my retirement would u all say good bye to me or would u be happy i'm leaving??:alien384:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Does bring up the question as to what to do now if current managers decide to quit.

My view is that if that happens (which we obviously hope it doesn't) there should be the chance for a current manager to apply for the job in preference to an outsider for 2 reasons:

1) it wouldn't be fair for a new person to just come in and take over one of the best sides without having served an "apprenticeship"

2) the current managers have proven to stick to deadlines and it would be rewarding loyalty.

Any thoughts?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Slats4ever
good to see your staying on. But i ask u this, if i was to announce my retirement would u all say good bye to me or would u be happy i'm leaving??:alien384:
We'd have to work out who you are first! ;)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Originally posted by marc71178
Does bring up the question as to what to do now if current managers decide to quit.

My view is that if that happens (which we obviously hope it doesn't) there should be the chance for a current manager to apply for the job in preference to an outsider for 2 reasons:

1) it wouldn't be fair for a new person to just come in and take over one of the best sides without having served an "apprenticeship"

2) the current managers have proven to stick to deadlines and it would be rewarding loyalty.

Any thoughts?
I agree, but if say the qld or nsw manager did drop out there would be so many swaps.