• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One Day Round 3 Preview

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mashonaland Look to Spinners

Mashonaland manager Andy Cameron has again named spinners Saqlain Mushtaq and Ben Joshi as the crucial players for their upcoming game against NSW in Zimbabwe.

"The pitch isn't the best for spin, but there'll be some assitance for them. When you look at the two teams, NSW seem to have the stronger batting line up, while we have what I feel is a stronger bowling attack. Additionally, the fact that we have two spinners compared to NSW's one is a bonus, and we'll be looking to Joshi and Saqlain to not only keep the runs down, but also take some wickets during the middle overs."

Cameron also addressed the issue of Mashonaland's batting, which has so far failed to do much this season.

"We'll be hoping for a big performance not only from the spinners, but also the batsmen. The order has been reshuffled slightly, with Quentin Oulton coming in at number 3. Being a new player to the side, we've been trying to help Quentin find his ideal position, and we feel that he has the potential to be a very effective first-drop batsmen for us."

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yorkshire keep same XI
Once again, Yorks manager Greg Thomas has opted for an unchanged line up to face Hampshire this week.
Coming off a First Class win, they'll be looking to back it up in the one day arena. The opening spot rotation continues with W Robertson elevated to the first position, with Anup Dave heading back down the order.

Yorks 1st XI (in batting order): W Robertson, M Salman (wk), M Dawn (c), W Beasley, F Yashpal, R Kripal Singh, K Agnew, A Dave, W Cornwall, D Gough (vc), D Kaneria, p Laker (12th man).

cometer

State Regular
Leicestershire have named an unchanged side for the clash against Surrey. This is shaping to be a terrific game and the manager has put faith in his side to deliver the goods yet again. Hopefully though, there will not be a solid collapse and take the pressure from the bowlers. All the best to both sides and may the best team on the day win. The squad is as follows:

U Lowe
C Vaughan
I Underwood
R Piggott (c)
F Platt
K Manzoor (wk)
T Priyadarshana
U Sammels
R Perrera
I Gallage
R Ezard

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
with a win in their first round and a close loss to kent in the last od round.. hampshire is looking to get back on a winning track in the OD competition..

hampshire squad for the game against Yorkshire in proper order:
N Shetty, A Chopra, I Ul Haq *, S Pollard, S Graham, J Crawley +, S Bond, G Alridge, A Jowell, N Hollins, L Jewell

noticeable changes are inform bastman S Graham and wicketkeeper J Crawley who have been doing well early on in the 2nd XI have been rewarded with a spot in the 1st XI to boost the batting. Medium pace bowler P Sudesh gets a rest from the 1st XI side to find his rhythm in the 2nd XI side and makes way for young spinner L Jewell who has a lot of local media attention and hype laid on.

It should however be a thrilling match between 2 local heavyweights.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guyana Make Forced Change

Guyana have been forced to make one change to their one day line-up with R. Ricky coming in for the injured Donald. Donald, who has been in a form slump of late has been forced out with a broken finger. The Guyana medical staff have given Donald a three week lay off and should return for Guyana's 5th round first class game.

R. Ricky replaces Donald after his amazing century for the 2nd XI side and comes into the side in great form. Guyana manager Kyle Wright said he is proud to see the youngster finally step out on the big stage.

"Ricky has been in marvellous form this season and his elevation to the first XI is a credit to him, while we'll miss the experience of Donald, I'm sure Ricky will perform to the standard we expect.

Wicket keeper McDonald replaced Donald in the opening position with Ricky batting at six, otherwise the side is unchanged and will look to get back in the winners circle after two losses.

The team is: Z. MacDonald, J. Rudolph, J. Jenkins (c), O. Hemp, M. Rudolph, R. Ricky, S. Kael, Y. Satti, F. e-Akbar, L. Perrera, D. Zulch

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
2 unchanged Tasmania XIs

Tasmania made no changes to their sides which were victorious last week. In a brief press conference manager Alex Crampton made the following statement:
"We've decided to keep the same teams because we believe they are our best teams right now. They are both in good form having won last week and there are several second team players pushing for a spot. Hopefully we will prove good enough to beat two strong WP sides, it should be an interesting contest."