Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board Meeting Outcome

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar

Board Meeting Outcome

Ok a few things were discussed in the Board Meeting, thanks to everyone who participated, it was quite productive.

* Who Will Make up the board
    Ive decided to restructure the board as follows
    CEO: Simon
    Chairman: Jamee
    Vice Chairman: Cloete
    Members: Greg and Andyc
    Cloete will return to the board as i think his experience with WCC should be utilised. MikeW has left the board for reasons that i'll go into soon.

* Website
    Mike was originally on the board to look after the website, he cant be committed to it anymore which is unfortunate but understandable, his education is a bit more important. For this reason the Website will be out of action for a while, id like to gradually get it going again and it will be sweet.

* MRC
    This concept has been scrapped and we will be returning to the three strike system. Jamee is now in charge of management changes, so if a job becomes available or a sign up comes through all this will be handled by Jamee now.

* FC Sim in season 8
    At thie stage we are sticking with ITC. Mainly because there isnt a better alternative, there are still some concerns with it, but its got the gig at this stage.

* Retirements
    Big talking point this one, there have been some concerns that players retiring too young isnt good for the game, as a result it has been agreed that the retirements that have been simmed will be run again with a lower likelyhood of young players retiring. However the players that have already been announced in the retirement thread will still retire.

* Rookies
    It seems the new rookie system (e.g less skilled ones) are the prefered option. This way of generating rookies will remain the way for next season at least.

* The Draft
    With larger squads we are still deciding what format to use for the draft, ideally we would like to see no more than 8 draft rounds. At this stage One rookie and only one rookie can and must be retained for next season, however this remains open for discussion.

ok these were the major talking points, discuss...

Good to see people trying to keep things running smoothly and keeping the 'product' fresh. Good work
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    sounds good
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    sounds good

Loving the will to improve. Keep it up, boys.
    CricketWeb Colts - Twybridge Titans

Banned
    good work guys

Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    * MRC
    This concept has been scrapped and we will be returning to the three strike system. Jamee is now in charge of management changes, so if a job becomes available or a sign up comes through all this will be handled by Jamee now.
    Disappointing, but understandable. So, is a manager who is handling two teams (i.e 1st and 2nd XI) treated as two separate managers, or one?

First Class Debutant Coach_Pearson's Avatar
    Simon

If you need a hand with the website, I am willing to help...

Sorry I missed the end of the meeting, was time to put my son to bed. In terms of the Draft and next season, how many players can we retain?
    yours in cricket

Stephen Pearson

That's a surprise!! I don't remember being consulted to become a board member . But I'd be happy to return to the board and continue to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Disappointing, but understandable. So, is a manager who is handling two teams (i.e 1st and 2nd XI) treated as two separate managers, or one?
    I think it'll be a case of you getting in your first XI in every week (or face the wrath of the 3 strikers) and then try your best to get your 2nd XI in each week. I'm sure you won't be frowned upon for missing the odd week. But it's not too much extra effort to put another team in when you do your first XI is it?
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    That's a surprise!! I don't remember being consulted to become a board member . But I'd be happy to return to the board and continue to help out.

I think it'll be a case of you getting in your first XI in every week (or face the wrath of the 3 strikers) and then try your best to get your 2nd XI in each week. I'm sure you won't be frowned upon for missing the odd week. But it's not too much extra effort to put another team in when you do your first XI is it?
    yeh thats exactly right, just because the MRC doesnt exist anymore doesnt mean that thinga wont be noted, if i or anyone notices that a particular team is consistently not being picked the manager will be spoken to...

Quote Originally Posted by Coach_Pearson
    Simon

If you need a hand with the website, I am willing to help...

Sorry I missed the end of the meeting, was time to put my son to bed. In terms of the Draft and next season, how many players can we retain?
    catch me on msn sometime, we can talk...

as for how many players we can retain for the draft i have no idea at this stage, im open for suggestions...

yer dissapointed about the mrc, and also maybe not considered for a board role as i had been on the board for many years. anyway keep it up and all is good.
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I think there needs to be one simmer, not 3 or 4. The last thing we want is games from previous rounds being run after the next round.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    yeah and i think 1st and 2nd XI should be simmed together whats the point in waiting for the 2nds result???
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by ash chaulk
    yeah and i think 1st and 2nd XI should be simmed together whats the point in waiting for the 2nds result???
    the reason 2nd XI games are run later is because some managers dont submit teams until thursday night, the extra days are needed for the 2nd XI manager to submit their side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information