• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Time to step aside

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Guys,

Its with deep sadness that i announce my resignation from WCC..

I have had plenty of good times in the 4 and a bit years of running this game, but the time has come to step aside..

My involvement in recent times has been limited and i feel that with work and the impending arrival of my first child is only going to limit this even more and i feel that my time and committement will be stretched even further, and i i feel that if i cant give 100% then i shouldn't be involved..

When i started this all the way back in May 2002 i never thought that it would get to where we are today, but i am very happy that it did as it helped me meet alot of great people and has brought plenty of people together...

WCC will hopefully continue long into the future..

I would like to say a few thanx to certain people...

To all the people who have helped out over the years, Thankyou, without you WCC would not have come as far as it has.
To all the board members over the years, thankyou, your efforts in particular have helped shape this game into what it is today...
To the guys who have been here since day 1, guys like Bugs, and Lord, who have been devoted to WCC for a long time, your continued support is appreciated..
To the guys who have left over time that have had a big impact, Rich(The original Simon), Marc, Graham, Jason, you guys did plenty and it is appreciated..
But Most of all, Simon, you are a true legend, a great friend and if i was to get nothing else out of WCC other then your friendship then i would be happy.. Like i said in the staff forum, without you WCC would have died along time ago and i hope you continue it on for long into the future..

I will still be around Cricketweb, and will still pop my head in to say hi but as far as my involvement goes it is no longer...

I hope that people continue to give the same support to those left in charge as they have to me over my time in control...

:group:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, that's huge shock. While I've only been a part of WCC for a short time, I've seen how much time you have spent on this over a long period and can appreciate the amount of effort you have put into it. Just want to say thanks for everything and I wish you luck with your newborn.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
burkey_1988 said:
Wow, that's huge shock. While I've only been a part of WCC for a short time, I've seen how much time you have spent on this over a long period and can appreciate the amount of effort you have put into it. Just want to say thanks for everything and I wish you luck with your newborn.
Thoughts echoed.

well done on your time spent blewy as a player I am just joining the game and have had many postitive reports on how enthusiastic and dedicated you are.

Well Done!

And good luck with the newborn

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Wow blewy, totally unexpected..
I don't know you much, but just by looking at this WCC forum we can tell how much work you have put into it and all, its sad to see u go.. But i hope everything goes well for u and yur family.. all the best buddy..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Sad to see you leave, you have done a great job with WCC over the two seasons i've been here. But best of luck with your up coming fatherhood.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Whoa damn this is a big shock.. similar thoughts as what everyone on here as already mentioned.. but i guess when its time to retire only you know best .... you'v been a top manager, owner and friend blewy.. top job.. you gave a lot throughout wcc's life for everyone else's good fun.. thanks heaps for that.. with all these experienced heads and close friends leaving .. sorta feels like im holdin on to the last few threads on my noose..

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dont really need to add anything here what i havent already said goffy, just a quick message to all managers that this DOES NOT mean the end of WCC, so please sit tight and just continue on playing as has been so far this season.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow.

Sad to see you leave - hope you'll find a time in the future where it's possible to come back although by the sounds of it, it's highly unlikely for awhile with very good reason :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i should also deny the rumour that blewy and I did a deal back in 2001 that he would hand over complete control of the game after 4 and a half seasons in charge...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
i should also deny the rumour that blewy and I did a deal back in 2001 that he would hand over complete control of the game after 4 and a half seasons in charge...
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Very sad to see you go...Blewy. You've been a integral part of this, good luck with the first-born, if its anything like the babies in "Sims 2", your going to have one heck of a challenge.