• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 1 One Day 2nd XI Results

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow

Karachi have an amazing OD team it seems....

or Queensland have a dire one :ph34r:

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Man that was a pretty average performance from the boys there. I really thought my bowling attack was a lot better then that. Nice to see Alwis score a fifty though. Oh well a few things to work on.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why are my spinners opening the bowling? :blink:
Why is Wessels bowling at all, let alone 10 overs ahead of Godwin? :wacko:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow! Very impressed with that effort, especially from rookie Mitchell Claydon, taking 7/38, and dismissing the last four batsmen for no run. Batting wise, Mullick impressed, as did Gavaskar, but we'll need some better scores if we want to keep winning.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
WOW!!! My first Victory since taking over as 2nd Manager of Mumbai... woooohooo :happy:

Wonder what Jason, thinks of of this now... :D

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Why are my spinners opening the bowling? :blink:
Why is Wessels bowling at all, let alone 10 overs ahead of Godwin? :wacko:
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
WCC Auckland 2nd XI
K Godwin
G Huckerby
A Pagnis
A Zakir (C)
O Wessels
G Burley
T Samaraweera
Q Carver (wk)
E Bellson
R Herath
D Ferguson

Bowling:
D Ferguson
E Bellson
R Herath
K Godwin
T Samaraweera
G Huckerby
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
G Burley
K Godwin
A Zakir
A Khurasiya (C)
A Pagnis
O Wessels
T Samaraweera
Q Carver (wk)
K Khurram
R Herath
R Doshi
Above is the default XI you submitted and directly above is the XI for the match.

Herath, Samaraweera and Godwin played out of those named in the bowling.

Looking into it, I haven't put bowlers (uncontracted) named in the first XI bowling orders into the 2nd XI list (as I was told just to do it from the 2nd XI lists) so all bowlers not named were marked as "11".

A few people named all possible bowling options for both XI's to make sure that the players bowled in the right order.
However, I didn't inform anyone to do this and probably should have, so I'll discuss this matter with the rest of the staff...

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
Packman, Powar, Clarke = Legends. Gayle bowled tightly in his four overs too but disapointed with the bat. Good strong win to start the season off, I can see a couple of names who will be pushing for 1st XI berths.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
NZTailender said:
Above is the default XI you submitted and directly above is the XI for the match.

Herath, Samaraweera and Godwin played out of those named in the bowling.

Looking into it, I haven't put bowlers (uncontracted) named in the first XI bowling orders into the 2nd XI list (as I was told just to do it from the 2nd XI lists) so all bowlers not named were marked as "11".

A few people named all possible bowling options for both XI's to make sure that the players bowled in the right order.
However, I didn't inform anyone to do this and probably should have, so I'll discuss this matter with the rest of the staff...

K Godwin bowls 1 opm (or less, I think).

So there you are.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
also the spinners opening the bowling is just another example of VC4 at its best...