• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ideas for Draft for Next Season

Graham

3rd Umpire
I didn't like your idea, but I should have respected your right to air your opinion. I do like GB's idea though - what do you think of it?

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
I think that some teams traded poorly this season break.

Leister (sorry dave) was stupid in its trading as they gave me their first three draft picks. Who for Ponting.

Managers who do that are expected to not do aswell.

Graham

3rd Umpire
People learn through their mistakes. Mind you if Leicestershire do well, it could be embarrassing m8!:P

deckard

U19 Captain
My idea does not try to punish smart managers but rather help those teams that didnt start off with a talented side.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Teams like TASMANIA?

:)

I know Leistershire's manager, and he only wanted ponting cos he want to marry him. ;) Sorry Dave....

Please don't kill me.!

deckard

U19 Captain
Yeah but Tasmania have a decent side now cos of the draft....but their are some teams that dont have a Ponting to trade for draft picks.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by The Argonaut
I think that is the only area that needs changing. The top sides kept more players and got rid of their last draft picks. Big deal. The players available in round 6 were relatively ordinary so they've kept an extra good player.
Agreed there, but my suggestion that it had to be the top draft pick that was dropped came too late to be implemented unfortunately.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by age_master
what about something like div 3 teams dropping picks,
At the moment, the divisions are still fairly equal - that wouldn't be fair.

In my opinion, NO player next year should be able to drop picks.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I would like to see each team allowed to retain 11 players and have 5 DP's or 12 players and 4 DP's at the end of this season. Nobody allowed to drop draft picks, only trade one away.
11 is too many to keep in order to spread the quality around - 10 is about right IMO.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
thye current systme is fine - its how life is, if you ghave a lower quality side than, you will just have to build it up slowly

also GB, if you want a youth player generator program than i have a friend who could write one.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think the real question is about trading draft picks, i.e if a top team trades their last 3 pcisk than they can keep more players

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But trading them would involve someone stupid enough to want picks 4,5 and 6!

Is the rule regarding retaining all those traded in going to be enforced GB?