• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre Season Launch

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Today the Pre Season Launch of Mumbai Cricket Association for the 2006 Season.

The Night started with the Red Carpet at Brabourne Stadium. The players all coming with their respective partners. The main suprise was the managers. Coming out of the same limo, First XI and Second XI managers, Jason and Manju with Jessica Alba and Heather Graham respectivily.

At the $300 a head gala event the stadiums rooms were choced out.

The night included a 4 course meal and guest speakers from ex players including Dennis Lillie who revealed he will be the bowling coach. He also let slip the major sponsor's name of _________.
The notable speaches from First XI manager, Jason Pike and First XI captain Adkihari.

Pike: "...anything other than a championship win in the FC and at least staying up in the OD is a failure and I will resign as manager of this great club."
"We are the best team the 3rd Division has seen and I will be surprised if we lose a game."

Although controversy is never far away from Jason Pike who once fielded a second string team at Yorkshire to alledgedly get a better draft pick.

The captain of the team Adkihari didnt have much to say.
Adkihari: "...I expect it to be a hard competetion and I hope we can all get into some form and hit some runs and get some wickets."

The night and partying went on for some time and a snap training session was called for 8am the next morning. Although this did not go down too well with the players the managers thought that too much fun this close to the season needed to be iced off. The first XI play their first game against Tasmania this weekend and will be looking for a win to start their campaign off strong.