• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ground Conditions

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ground Conditions are going to be the Actual Ground Conditions for that ground IRL...

Will post them up 2morrow...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Correct, starting conditions will be RL conditions with modifications allowed each week...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:
Correct, starting conditions will be RL conditions with modifications allowed each week...
With two different sims can we have different ground conditions for FC & OD? Or is that being too unrealistic?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
With two different sims can we have different ground conditions for FC & OD? Or is that being too unrealistic?
The Sims use the same System so there will be the same conditions for OD and FC...

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
The Sims use the same System so there will be the same conditions for OD and FC...
How much will we be allowed to change it? Can we make it one point for each condition, give n we don't get to pick our statring conditions?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Under consideration ATM... I doubt you will be able to change all 3 but we may allow 2 point changes per round...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
So howcome Old Trafford has 'high' bounce? I'm not complaining as it probably helps Freeman but i can't remember the last time there was anything resembling a bouncy wicket at Old Trafford

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
That is just the starting conditions for this week... Basically each week the conditions mayvary from the actual, slightly..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
So howcome Old Trafford has 'high' bounce? I'm not complaining as it probably helps Freeman but i can't remember the last time there was anything resembling a bouncy wicket at Old Trafford
There consideration down in Colombo to knight our groundmans after he became the first Sri Lankan groundman to produce a pitch with high bounce.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
None of the shown conditions tell of spin ATM... However once i post up the actual Ground Conditions it will all make more sense.. The conditions in the Team Threads are to show starting conditions, so a pitch which is very good is less likely to turn from ball 1 whereas a pitch which is average is going to turn alot earlier and deteriorate alot quicker...

Ground Conditions will be post up later today(hopefully) then you will get a good guide as to what each ground is...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Here is the File with the Official Ground Conditions...

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
Pitches in ITC tend to deteriorate so fast that if you don't start with high bounce, you may have a minefield by day 3.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thrilled with Auckland's pitch conditions this season. I figured since it's New Zealand it would be atrocious for spinners, but it seems that my spin-friendly squad will find a home at home after all.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I find it strange that Colts had 2-5-8 last time we had real life pitch conditions and now we have 5-6-8. Oh well so where is the pitch change conditions thread so i can get the pitch back to what it is in real life...