• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rookie School

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the latest graduates from the WCC rookie School have been released..

All Rookies have been assigned to Clubs via a random draw...

As specified previously ALL rookies will be eligible for 2nd XI cricket this season, with Managers allowed to keep 1 rookie at the end of the season to join thier main squad..

If anyone has any questions dont hesitate to ask...

Anyway here they are...
I've attatched 2 Zip files.. 1 contains the rookies in Excel format, with the other in HTML format...

Last edited:

cbuts

International Debutant
im sure that it says in the very first post that rookies are onl avaliable for the 2nd XI

well for the second season in a row, WA ends up with **** rookies. think a new youth development trainer may be needed

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Any chance a couple of those openers could change to middle order, cus i have now 8 openers in the 2nd squad.

Fairly happy will a few extra additions to batting line up and a decent 2nd spinner in both forms.

cbuts

International Debutant
only allowed to keep 1 rookie, thats a little low isnt it?

so what happens in season 2, do we get 5 new rookies? from the 4 that we dont keep - do the rest go into the draft?

cbuts

International Debutant
is this the best rookie ever?
A Bernard 16 Medium Opener Stroke Pl 3 41.5 Main 21.51 47.8 2.7 5 43.3 8 21.42 30.6 4.2 Mash
batting average of over 40 in both form and a bowlin average of 21 in both forms

cricketboy29

International Regular
cbuts said:
im sure that it says in the very first post that rookies are onl avaliable for the 2nd XI

well for the second season in a row, WA ends up with **** rookies. think a new youth development trainer may be needed
I'm with you there, buts, my rookies make my cringe...:(

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
all the rookies are pretty much not that great, its a new direction for us, there are still quite a few decent rookies in there but in general they arent super human like the old days.

cbuts

International Debutant
now see, i was hoping that i would get a super human, that i could turn into my star for next season:laugh:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
all the rookies are pretty much not that great, its a new direction for us, there are still quite a few decent rookies in there but in general they arent super human like the old days.
I think thats a good move, any chance in the future we can real life rookies.