• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rookie School

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
I think thats a good move, any chance in the future we can real life rookies.
probably not, but like has always been the case real life players will be added through the draft...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
I think thats a good move, any chance in the future we can real life rookies.
Agreed.

Happy with A Goodwin and S Petley - there's potential, at least compared to the rest of the lot.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm Happy that there seems to be a move away from uberrookies, but glad that A Freeman slipped through the net last year :p

Lancs rookies look fair enough, no stars but a couple of decent batsman. I'm sure George can find something to work with there.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Have to say im quite happy with our rookie only Mahela El Zabir got the potential to be something special and make the starting XI in the future, but the rest really add some real depth. Batting down to number 9, can't be bad at all, would have liked a seamer though, but i guess that Sri Lanka for you.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
cricketboy29 said:
Queensland...Who I think have got the crappiest rookies in the bunch..but I digress. These people will improve right?
It all depends on their performances in the 2nd XI if they play... Go well, they will improve, go bad and they will get worse, however note that either way the effect will be high due to the low amount of games they have played up till now..

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mashonaland are pretty happy with A Bernard, who will hopefully mature into an effective allrounder in both forms.

Mister Wright

Guyana are not all that unhappy with their rookies for Season 7. We are looking at Al Zabir to be promoted next season provided he has a good season, however the others are not out of contention at all. We are bitterly disapointed that no batsman were good enough to be promoted by our rookie coaches. However, if the talent isn't there, there's no point promoting them.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
Guyana are not all that unhappy with their rookies for Season 7. We are looking at Al Zabir to be promoted next season provided he has a good season, however the others are not out of contention at all. We are bitterly disapointed that no batsman were good enough to be promoted by our rookie coaches. However, if the talent isn't there, there's no point promoting them.
that was actually a bit unfortunate that you ended up with 5 bowlers, ill try to ensure that doesnt happen in future season...

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Karachi are quite pleased with the rookies they recieved. B Monoghan and P Baker pinned as the ones to watch for the future. Also quite happy knowing that we'll never run short of keepers.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
Hmm Happy that there seems to be a move away from uberrookies, but glad that A Freeman slipped through the net last year :p

Lancs rookies look fair enough, no stars but a couple of decent batsman. I'm sure George can find something to work with there.
Yeah, should be able to slot into the second XI batting somewhere. De Villiers may be useful as a third seamer/fourth seamer given the conditions. Amarnath could get a run out when injuries take their toll.

Matteh

Dark Hunter said:
Karachi are quite pleased with the rookies they recieved. B Monoghan and P Baker pinned as the ones to watch for the future. Also quite happy knowing that we'll never run short of keepers.
Should probably play P Baker and I Aamer on rotation as the 2nd XI Keeper. See who develops the best.

K Kirsten and B Monaghan look like they turn into pretty useful OD bowlers.