• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Divisional & Promotion Structure

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok Guys,

The board have discussed the Divisional structure for the new season.. We have decided to change thing a little..

All 3 Divisions will now consist of different amounts of Teams..

The main reason for this is that we feel Division 1 should have more emphasis and we felt that the smaller divisions made it that it was like a revolving door each season..

So now Divisions will look like this..

• Division 1 will consist of 10 teams.. All teams will play each other twice(Home & Away)...
  • Division 2 will consist of 8 teams.. All teams will play each other twice(Home & Away) with 3 extra rounds added..
  • Division 3 will consist of 6 teams.. All teams will play each other 3 times(Home & Away) with 2 extra rounds added...

Now you say, that means Division 1 plays 1 more round in each form then Divisions 2 & 3

Yes

That week less in the lower divisions will be for Playoffs which have also changed format..

Promotion/Playoffs have often rewarded teams who finished in low positions in above divisions, Teams for example in D2 may have missed auto promotion by 1 point but have come up against a team who struggled all season in D1, and in the playoff were held to a draw or just got beaten on the day... Well we decided that we would change things a little..

• The Bottom 3 teams in Division 1 will be Automatically relagated...
  • Teams who finish 1st and 2nd in Division 2 will gain Automatic Promotion, whilst 3rd and 4th will playoff for the 3rd promotion position..
  • The Bottom 2 Teams from Division 2 will be Automatically relegated..
  • The Team who wins Division 3 will gain Automatic Promotion, with 2nd and 3rd playing off for the 2nd Promotion position...
We feel that this will make Division 1 the true "Premier League" which will lead to more rivalries etc..

Teams Divisions will be revealed in the next week or so..

cbuts

International Debutant
i like the idea of, in div three, the team that comes second and third playing off. seems to me to be a good structure. what weekend we looking to start - or we not there yet?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
We are probably still a couple of weeks away.. Trading closes on the 2nd of June and we would need at least a week if not more to get stuff ready after that...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Sounds brilliant. :)

In fact, why not call Division one "Premier Divison" or something special. :D

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
i know call one the Barclays Premiership then the second the Championship and the third League one.

Where have i heard that before?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, after plenty of Testing of Databases and squad assessments, we have decided on the Divisions for the New WCC Season..

For this first Season 2nd XI's will participate in the same divisions as their 1st XI counterparts..
Note all testing was done with Pre-Trading sides, and that sides will have changed but this was the fairest way to do things..

Anywho, without further ado, here they are...

First Class
Division 1
Northerns
ACT
Lancashire
Leicestershire
Warwickshire
Tamil Nadi
Auckland
Hampshire
Western Australia
Western Province

Division 2
South Australia
Surrey
Guyana
Karachi
New South Wales
Kent
Yorkshire
Free State

Division 3
Mumbai
Tasmania
Mashonaland
Queensland
Colts
Victoria

One Day
Division 1
Tamil Nadu
Surrey
ACT
Victoria
Guyana
South Australia
Queensland
Karachi
Colts
Leicestershire

Division 2
Auckland
Western Australia
Warwickshire
Western Province
Lancashire
Mumbai
Tasmania
Free State

Division 3
Mashonaland
Yorkshire
Hampshire
Northerns
Kent
New South Wales

If anyone has any questions, please dont hesitate to ask...

After Trading we will run some friendlies for all teams, and then hopefully get into it...
I will release the Draw in the next couple of days..

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Good system with the new division guys. Tasmania's divisions pretty much as expected, hopefully we can push for promotion in both.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
andyc said:
Haha alright Division 3. Promotion here we come.
ur side is good, but dont go underestimating the others, everyone's team have improved a lot too...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
ur side is good, but dont go underestimating the others, everyone's team have improved a lot too...
Haha I know. Just a bit of fun.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice to see Karachi in Div 1 in OD. First aim i guess will be to make sure we're still there next season. As for Div 2 in FC, think we stand a good chance of being promoted from there.