The board have discussed the Divisional structure for the new season.. We have decided to change thing a little..
All 3 Divisions will now consist of different amounts of Teams..
The main reason for this is that we feel Division 1 should have more emphasis and we felt that the smaller divisions made it that it was like a revolving door each season..
So now Divisions will look like this..
- Division 1 will consist of 10 teams.. All teams will play each other twice(Home & Away)...
- Division 2 will consist of 8 teams.. All teams will play each other twice(Home & Away) with 3 extra rounds added..
- Division 3 will consist of 6 teams.. All teams will play each other 3 times(Home & Away) with 2 extra rounds added...
Now you say, that means Division 1 plays 1 more round in each form then Divisions 2 & 3
That week less in the lower divisions will be for Playoffs which have also changed format..
Promotion/Playoffs have often rewarded teams who finished in low positions in above divisions, Teams for example in D2 may have missed auto promotion by 1 point but have come up against a team who struggled all season in D1, and in the playoff were held to a draw or just got beaten on the day... Well we decided that we would change things a little..
- The Bottom 3 teams in Division 1 will be Automatically relagated...
- Teams who finish 1st and 2nd in Division 2 will gain Automatic Promotion, whilst 3rd and 4th will playoff for the 3rd promotion position..
- The Bottom 2 Teams from Division 2 will be Automatically relegated..
- The Team who wins Division 3 will gain Automatic Promotion, with 2nd and 3rd playing off for the 2nd Promotion position...
We feel that this will make Division 1 the true "Premier League" which will lead to more rivalries etc..
Teams Divisions will be revealed in the next week or so..