• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Divisional & Promotion Structure

cricketboy29

International Regular
OD Division 1, Queensland. We're going for the win in the division.:D FC 3rd Division, Hopefully going for promotion.:happy:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
fc division 2 thats ok however suprised with div 3 one day, but hey it gives me something to aspire to, div 1 in 2 seasons....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very surprised at our Division 2 and Division 1 classifications. Hopefully the boys can back up their supposed abilitiy.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Btw - purely out of interest....Will we see the return of Internationals? Granted it wouldn't be anytime remotely soon given that the season hasn't begun yet....but just wondered. :)

cricketboy29

International Regular
Matteh said:
Btw - purely out of interest....Will we see the return of Internationals? Granted it wouldn't be anytime remotely soon given that the season hasn't begun yet....but just wondered. :)
Don't push it mate...I just want to get through one damn season of WCC before we start throwing around more work up in the air. It's sad, I've been the manager for three teams, yet I've never actually had the opportunity of ever actually seeing any of them in a proper damn match.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
cricketboy29 said:
You'r division 2 in one, Division 3 in the other..

I know. I wasn't expecting to be there for FC. Though I knew my OD side wouldn't make it above Div 3.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Matteh said:
Yeah mate, we are taking it a bit at a time for now..

IF Things go well during the season then we may consider it, but at this stage its not really even been thought about..

Cloete

International Captain
Happy with div 1 both forms. Rumours are that I came 1st in OD and 3rd in FC (based on win %) in the trials.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
We're delighted to finally make it into division one and make a real shot at the 4 Day championship. Naturally our path will be frought with danger with the likes of Tamil Nadu and Warwickshire however the team is confident of victory.

Great to finally not be considered the laughing stock of the OD community and enter the new season in division 2. We'll be looking to establish ourselves at that level and maybe push for promotion if we can get established.

Also a big congratulations to Northerns for qualifying for division 1. Another South African team in the big league can only strengthen the game of cricket in the country.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Slats4ever said:
We're delighted to finally make it into division one and make a real shot at the 4 Day championship. Naturally our path will be frought with danger with the likes of Tamil Nadu and Warwickshire however the team is confident of victory.

Great to finally not be considered the laughing stock of the OD community and enter the new season in division 2. We'll be looking to establish ourselves at that level and maybe push for promotion if we can get established.

Also a big congratulations to Northerns for qualifying for division 1. Another South African team in the big league can only strengthen the game of cricket in the country.
Thanks mate look forward to our battle.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
interesting divisions, no Roses derbies this year, with everyones teams shaken up this year it'll take a while to find out whats what in our divisions imo

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ Same..

But pretty chumped im in Div 1 FC.. just means we are one of the cream of the crop teams in the competition and the other teams below us are the sweat under the ball sacks... before you talk about our div 3 status in OD .. please.. we all know that FC is the true count of status and OD is just to please the crowds and keep the club funded..