• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pitch conditions for next season

deckard

U19 Captain
Hey GB do u reckon we can change our pitch conditions for next season?? I think most teams will want to do this as well.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by deckard
Hey GB do u reckon we can change our pitch conditions for next season?? I think most teams will want to do this as well.
Iam sure that wouldn't be a problem, from my point of view. Also would OD and FC pitch conditions be able to be different? eg you might want to play spinners in one form but not the other

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't think that would be realistic as it's at the same ground, conditions would remain broadly the same - be nice to have a new wicket for this year though...

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
I don't think that would be realistic as it's at the same ground, conditions would remain broadly the same - be nice to have a new wicket for this year though...
It would be realistic as groundsman can (and do) change the picth each week, one week they might leave extra grass on etc

And i didn't mean change it greatly like 10-10-0 OD and 0-5-10 FC, just a small amout

Graham

3rd Umpire
I think we should start the new season with the pitch conditions that we want, but once the season has started only be able to change by 1 per week as per last season.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
All ground conditions will be reset and u can select totally different ones from last season...

as for the different ones for OD and 4D that will not happen... for the reasons marc has stated

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
ND would like the pitch condtions at Westpac Trust Park to be updated to:

PACE: 8
MOVEMENT: 6
TURN: 10

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i agree to the one deck suits both forms, as u only have 1 home ground, however a new start to the pitch conditions is also a good idea.:O