• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Divisional Lineups

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Div 1

S.Australia
W.Australia
Queensland
N.S.W
Yorkshire
Mumbai
Lancashire
Tamil Nadu

Div 2

Hampshire
Kent
Surrey
Worcestershire
Glamorgan
Warwickshire
Victoria
Northern Districts

Div 3

Tasmiania
Colts
W.Province
Karnataka
Canterbury
Auckland
Leicestershire
Somerset

deckard

U19 Captain
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
G.B reckons it might be the same so far to avoid confusion
I dont see how there will be confusion cos not this season but the season after some teams will be in 2 different divisions. I think its possible that the fc divisions may be different but it depends on whether a 4 day competition is run or something.....

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
I also think that the teams should be placed in different divisions for 4d and 1d on their capabilities.

Rich2001

International Captain
Well it seems the marjority of the votes are heading for different divisions for the different forms.

If your happy GB Iam will to run a FC comp where every team plays everyone and then the top 8 go into div 1 next 8 div 2 etc....

However if you do want this, it will put the season back a while as we can't start this comp until all the draft and trading have been completed so each team has their true squads.... also would you like it better if teams were randomly picked by the comp (alot quicker, could have the results in mins) or have every team summit 23 teams??? (i say this casue i can already here someone saying the comp didn't pick my stroongest team each round)

[Edited on 5/10/02 by Rich2001]

deckard

U19 Captain
I dont think a comp where every team will play each other is realistic cos that would be too much. The random thing would also be kinda unfair for some teams. Ill try to think of a better comp and post it later.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by deckard
I dont think a comp where every team will play each other is realistic cos that would be too much. The random thing would also be kinda unfair for some teams. Ill try to think of a better comp and post it later.
It's about the fairest comp possible for the following reasons.

- It gives each team a chance to prove themself, eg a knockout style comp a team might just have a bad day and suddendly they find themselevs in Div 3

- Will give you a better idea of your players, who performs etc as I could keep a note of all records (both team and overall)

- Brings abit more extictement to WCC as nobody knows where they will be etc and would be a great build up to the season

- The random thing shouldn't be a problem because strongest teams are normally picked (everyone would be in the same boat so it's not unfair)

- Gives me something to do :P, and gives GB a slight rest

- A random comp could mean that Kent get NSW which would be unfair and with everyteam playing everyone means you will get a better picture of where a team fits in

- Random teams aren't a must, i willing to used managers teams if they ask for them, however some teams might like the idea of seeing how all their team memebers do.... might uncover a star they never knew they had :D

- I can't think of anything else at the momment

deckard

U19 Captain
Ummm......i cant really think of a fair comp.....perhaps divide the teams into 6 groups of 4 teams and the teams will play each other team in the group once. The top teams could go to div 1 plus the next best according to points, if a tie then a playoff or something. In a sense this will kinda depend on what teams u get to play....so solve this by seeding the top 6 teams according to like what od division they are in and what their team is like etc.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think you've all misunderstood - I meant from next year - this year teams shold be in the same 1d and 4d leagues.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
In my view there has to really be different divisions for 4d and 1d.
I think you've all misunderstood - I meant from next year - this year teams shold be in the same 1d and 4d leagues.
LOL how was I ment to work that out from that !!! :frog:

Graham

3rd Umpire
The thing is that you'd need to run any games using GB's files as you have to be consistent. If you started your own VCM4 file, it would alter players abilities differently than GB's.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Graham
The thing is that you'd need to run any games using GB's files as you have to be consistent. If you started your own VCM4 file, it would alter players abilities differently than GB's.
Well GB would send his copy of FC teams, and I would use that, no stats would change or any figures etc so it would be the same info as GB will use but the comp's figures would stay with me and wouldn't effect any players avg's etc in the WCC

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
what about running it like english premier league soccer

i like the concept of that

;)