• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 7 Press Releases

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Not neccessarily becuase it could well be and most likely is just a scorecard problem...

If we look at things like that VC4 had the same problems occasionally...

Not to mention others like not being able to play 2 keepers in the 1 side without having one of them open the bowling..

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Not neccessarily becuase it could well be and most likely is just a scorecard problem...

If we look at things like that VC4 had the same problems occasionally...

Not to mention others like not being able to play 2 keepers in the 1 side without having one of them open the bowling..
Yeah it did. When you played the same player it did the same thing.

Anyway we obviously have to have ITC for ATLEAST this season.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunatley there is no other option..

Its either ITC or VC4, the vote (which everyone had the opportunity to vote in) ITC was a clear winner.. In an ideal world we could have our own sim with what we need but we went there and tried that and although the sim itself seemed ok the effort updating the files etc was to much...

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Unfortunatley there is no other option..

Its either ITC or VC4, the vote (which everyone had the opportunity to vote in) ITC was a clear winner.. In an ideal world we could have our own sim with what we need but we went there and tried that and although the sim itself seemed ok the effort updating the files etc was to much...
Yeah.

Althought it was a pretty ****ing awesome sim for a while :D Gotta love the viewers and stuff as well. Top stuff :D

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
nsw will announce there fc side shortly. players going through last hit out before team is named.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I Was Chained Down: Burke

New Warwickshire manager Stephen Burke has lambasted the Kent Cricket Club, his former employers, at a press conference this evening. The first time Burke has spoken to the media since switching clubs, he didn't hold back in his criticism of the Kent set-up.

"I felt I had no support from anyone at the club in my short time there," Burke said. "In the tough times, no one was willing to stick their hand up and say 'Burkey's a good bloke'. I am glad that I no longer am with them, and I am sure the Warwickshire club will be more sipportive of me."

Burke's highly publicised behaviour at the WCC season launch earlier this year attracted criticism from all parts of the cricketing world, with expert commentator Mr. T the only one to defend Burke's reputation. "No one from the club said or did anything to help me through that period of my life. Obviously I needed help and none was forthcoming from Kent."

However, Burke had good things to say about his former players and also his successor at Kent, Tarick Weber. "The players always put in 100% and were all round a good bunch of blokes. Also, I wish Tarick all the best in his new position, and I hope that he receives more support from the club than I did. I will definitely be keeping an eye on the proceedings at Kent his season with a close eye."

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Western Province Announces Change in Captaincy

A media conference held in South Africa today reached farcical proportions as Western Province Manager earlier sent out a press release stating that the captain of WP was to change.

However, as the mass contingent of media types descended upon WP headquarters, they were disappointed to find that it was Jaydn Schofield who was to captain... the 2nd XI for the rest of the season in both forms.

A few rogue photographers got annoyed, as they had been dispatched to the press conference to take pictures of Shane Watson for Cleo magazine, preferably with the headline "Watson Stripped of Post". Riots ensued, however security was able to remove the press contingent before too much damage was caused.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
S.A. Coach Lambasts Thiefs

SA 2nd XI manager, K.J. Goughy, fielded questions after the drawn game with Yorkshire.

He gave some eye-opening answers to some probing questions that were thrown at him by the assembled media.

You have failed to win a game so far and there have been some dire performances from some players, Care to comment?
"We may not have won a game yet but we also have not lost a game. 2 draws is not the end of the world, but if we want to be successful then we must win our home games. As for the players, I have a lot of thoughts on the matter. Firstly I would like to congratulate our 2 rookies who have played. Petley has 12 wickets in 2 games at an average of under 20 and young Doshi averages 55 with the bat including a magnificent 100 to help save the game against Surrey. Secondly, and this is where it gets tough, our senior players have been very disappointing. Guys like Dippenaar and van Jaarsveld should be the backbone of our batting and they average 5.5 and 8.5 respectively and in 8 combined innings they have reached double figures once.

Things must change on the field or I will make changes off it. As it stands at the moment we have 2 of our most experienced players stealing their money rather than earning it"

Will there be big changes for the next game?
"Define big? There will be some changes, as some of those previously left out deserve a chance, but personnaly I would not call them big changes. I want to again point out that I do not believe we have played that badly this season. Maybe one or two players need a kick up the backside"

Is it difficult when one of South Australia's top draft picks is given a contract and then promptly dropped from the 1sts and is now unlikely to see any cricket in the near future?
"You are obviously talking about young Graham. He is a quality player that will get his chance. Is it unfortunate that he cannot currently crack the OD and FC 1st XIs and we would love him to get match practice in the 2nds but I know Mr. Vimes has a plan and I trust it will all work out for the best"

Mr. Goughy signed the Press Conference off by thanking the fans for their support and assuring them that success on the pitch is not far away.

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
NSW announce new manager

NSW manager Bugs Malone has today announced they have appointed Rusty aka Aussie Dominance as the new 2nd xi manager. There where alot of applicants for the role and it gives me great pleasure to announce this tonight. He comes with great achievements, and a great rv which we feel puts nsw in great stead for years to come, and hope that we can work together and really get nsw going with both teams and all our juniors and work to creating a real dynasty at this club for years to come.

Hopefully he will be issuing a press confrene shortly so until then, thanks.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Yorkshire launch a new website.
The Yorkshire CC PR team sent us an email today stating they have built a new website for fans to keep track of their favourite team and players.
The website features seasonal statistics, player records, team records, a hall of fame and a forum.
The site is still only half complete, they tell us, with the remaining content to be updload soon. The website is a noticeable step up from last years which is now out of date.

Yorkshire WCC Site

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
NZTailender said:

Yorkshire launch a new website.
The Yorkshire CC PR team sent us an email today stating they have built a new website for fans to keep track of their favourite team and players.
The website features seasonal statistics, player records, team records, a hall of fame and a forum.
The site is still only half complete, they tell us, with the remaining content to be updload soon. The website is a noticeable step up from last years which is now out of date.

Yorkshire WCC Site

what a great website mate. good work.

NSW 2nd XI Manager

NSW 2nd XI Manager Rodgie was today saying his appointment as 2nd XI was a step towards the future for NSW not a step backwards under the previous regime of previous 2nd XI Managers Rodgie was quoted as saying "To help the process of talent identification NSW had to do something and with my distinguished record as manager of North Sydney CC and NSW U19 I was the person right for the job." "I have many goals to achieve for this NSW 2nd XI Team before I take over the top NSW team and hopefully one day go on to coach Australia."

Cricket NSW

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
AussieDominance said:
NSW 2nd XI Manager Rodgie was today saying his appointment as 2nd XI was a step towards the future for NSW not a step backwards under the previous regime of previous 2nd XI Managers Rodgie was quoted as saying "To help the process of talent identification NSW had to do something and with my distinguished record as manager of North Sydney CC and NSW U19 I was the person right for the job." "I have many goals to achieve for this NSW 2nd XI Team before I take over the top NSW team and hopefully one day go on to coach Australia."

Cricket NSW

u got my head on the chopping board all ready lol

NZTailender

Mullally hits out at selections as rift opens in Yorkshire management
Former Yorks bowler Alan Mullally has hit out at team manager Greg Thomas for his team selections today.
"He's focusing far too much on the batting. He's sacrificing a bowler for an all-rounder who isn't a frontline bowler. If he wants to pick him (Silva) it should be as fifth bowling option. I have to question his continuing selection of Silva as he doesn't show much promise as a bowler or a batsman. He's taken 9 wickets in 4 matches and thats hardly impressive.
It's obvious that Saeed should be picked. I mean, what more can he do? I feel he's being unfairly left out because he can't bat. It's disgraceful" he fumed. "He needs to be sacked."

Alan Mullally slammed Greg Thomas at a media conference earlier today.

Mullally wasn't alone in his critisism. David Byas and Steve Rhodes backed up Mullally and claimed that Thomas should get the sack as head coach and manager.
"His record at Yorkshire is terrible. If we want to move forward it needs to be without him (Thomas). He will only lead us to ruin" said Byas.

Last edited:

NZTailender

Mullally sacked as Thomas hits back at critics
Just hours after Alan Mullally's claim that Thomas should be sacked, it was Mullally himself who got the chop.
After he said that Thomas needed to be sacked (which was echoed by Byas and Rhodes), a meeting of Yorkshire big wigs took place.
Apparently, during the meeting, Thomas and Byas tried to resolve differences but Mullally was adament that Thomas should go. It became clear that Thomas had the backing of the players, fans, sponsors and a majority of the board members (Law, Hamilton, Blakey, Hancock) and the captains.
Mullally, Byas and Rhodes were all asked to consider their positions; to stay on in their current role or resign. Rhodes decided to resign, stating that Thomas was going to sink the team and he didn't want to drown.
Byas felt that, although he had just tried to work out differences, there would be too many differences of opinion and resigned.
Mullally refused to resign or continue in his role until Thomas stepped down. After conferring with the other members, Thomas then dropped the axe on Mullally and fired him.

After the meeting, Mullally gave another press conference.
"I have just finished a meeting with the board members and other officials, and as a result I've been sacked. It was a spineless thing to do by Thomas and goes to show what kind of man he is. I'm glad now, that he's kicked me out, because I don't want anything more to do with the team" he said angrily. "I've given my advice each week and I felt it was ignored. I don't think he (Thomas) listens to the board at all" he added.
David Byas was short in explaining his resignation.
"Though I could've stayed on, I felt it best if I resigned. I don't share the same ideas with Greg and I don't think I ever will. In the end, I thought it best that I resign so as not to cause more rifts in the team management" he declared.
Steve Rhodes refused to comment. Instead, he walked out furious, got into his car and sped away.

David Byas resigned from his position at Yorkshire CC today; "I felt it best if I resigned."

An hour later, Thomas gave his own press conference.
"I am sorry to say that I've sacked Alan Mullally from the panel of selectors. Not so much for him, but more for the club, as this incident has caused much grief...no...annoyance to the management and the team" he sighed.
He hit back at the claim he was spineless in sackign Mullally.
"I don't think I was spineless. He made it clear that it was a 'you or me' situation and I acted accordingly. I felt that, no matter how hard we worked, he would never respect me again nor I respect him. I personally think that I was appointed manager instead of him.
I am sorry that David (Byas) felt he needed to resign. You always need constructive critisism when you're the leader, whether it be a sports team or a business, and his input would've been invalueable. Despite what Alan thinks, I do listen to the board and consider every piece of advice or idea they they put forward" he reflected.
"In the past hour the remaining board members discussed if any major changes were needed and I'm glad to say, no, there doesn't need to be any at all - apart from the appointment of new coaches and board members.
I am pleased to announce that Craig White has been added to the board and will take over the role of Youth Coach and also do a bit of 2nd XI coaching for the batsmen and bowlers considering he's had a fine career in both forms..
Richard Blakey will take over the role of fielding and wicket keeping coach while Nick Hancock replaces Mullally on the selectors board.
Richard (Blakey) has requested that he is removed from the selectors board, as he would like to reduce the amount of time he spends at the office and more time down the pub!" he laughed. "I offered the role to Gavin (Hamilton) who jumped at the chance to be on the selectors board" he said.

Craig White was appointed Youth Development coach.

"I've spoken to the players and they're glad that all this ugliness has been resolved so quickly. I wish it didn't happen but it brought to the surface some obvious problems they had with me. I just don't know why they didn't approach me privately instead of going public with it. I think that was pretty inconsiderate and effects the morale of the players. Luckily, they're in high spirits and excited to have Craigy aboard. I'm hoping we can put this all behind us now and move on and concentrate on what matters; the cricket!" he smiled and thanked the press for hanging about for an hour and left.

Richard Blakey will take over fielding and wicket keeper coaching.

The Yorkshire Cricket Club Board
Manager: Greg Thomas
2nd XI Manager: Nick Hancock
Batting Coach: Stuart Law, Craig White
Bowling Coach: Gavin Hamilton, Craig White
Fielding/Keeping Coach: Richard Blakey
Youth Development Coach: Craig White
Selectors: Greg Thomas, Nick Hancock, Gavin Hamilton