• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Website Suggestions

Rich2001

International Captain
In another topic a couple of ideas were bought up about the website.

Does anyone have any other ideas, if so please let me know, I currently have 2 weeks holiday from work so have some time to spend on it.

A idea we (board) had was to create a Hall Of Fame page however so nobody was voted in that seems pointless for now

Also whoever took up the betting, would you like a page if so what info would you like on there etc

Any other ideas welcome

Just to let you know these aren't just for new ideas if you don't like something on the site however big or small let me know as well

Rich2001

deckard

U19 Captain
I have no complaints about the site except the one about in the other threads. But if u have the time now u might as well add the hall of fame page cos we will need it in the future. Maybe u could add ppls msn contacts on the site somewhere. Another suggestions would be maybe a rules page like of the game, reasons to be kicked out, trading rules (cos we all remember the problem we had before) etc. Although some of this stuff is in the about page, i think the about page should be like WCC is an online pbem cricket thing etc. Other than that good job rich, lord and whoever made the site....i know i forgot someone.

[Edited on 4/10/2002 by deckard]

Rich2001

International Captain
Thanks

I will do a HOF page now then and i blieved that GB was at one point re writting the about us page but not sure if he got around to doing it?

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Rich2001
Thanks

I will do a HOF page now then
I was thinking how would you all like the HOF page? continued in the same format of the site or a different style (like a sterotype of a HOF, wood effects etc)

Rich2001

International Captain
Team Page

The team page has been updated with the requested information let me know what you think.

Anyone with a ?? next to any of the sections means i don't know what the addy is or if you even have it.

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Hi Guys

Can I suggest you clean up the team logos, as they are all on different backgrounds, and different sizes.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Coach_Pearson
Hi Guys

Can I suggest you clean up the team logos, as they are all on different backgrounds, and different sizes.
Mate as much as i would love to theres no way that can be done.

All the logos are offical ones from the teams websites etc so unless someone could create all 24 teams logo's for me then it can't be done as all team logos are going to be different sizes colours etc

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
The only thing I could possibly suggest would be to complete the records section on the team pages, ie. most runs, best partnerships, placings after season 1 etc.

Other than that everything is fine.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by The Argonaut
The only thing I could possibly suggest would be to complete the records section on the team pages, ie. most runs, best partnerships, placings after season 1 etc.

Other than that everything is fine.
GB is currently still gathering all that info for me, will be done as soon as I get the info.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Q. Why are the batsman Strike rate up, and not the bowlers RPO?

The VC4 uses RPO but not Stk Rate(Bat).

?????

Also do you know where to get some PEZ?

deckard

U19 Captain
What is wrong with my above post i cant seem to fix it!!

Nevermind as i fixed it

[Edited on 7/10/2002 by deckard]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
the website rich showed you is a sample, wait for a few more days , rich wouldnt be doing anything too big , as Im changing the whole outlook once again , for the new season , It will be a suprise worth waiting :P:)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Graham that would be real good if u could do that just like u did the trades one , and if teams could post final 16 or you after trades are closed so the information we get is accurate to put on the webpage