• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Options for the Immediate Future

What is your choice for the future of WCC?

• Keep the current format but change back to VC4 (24 teams)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go back to the old set up with everything the same (36 teams - VC4)

• Scrap WCC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I voted other and this is why......

I want to go back to the old teams and player lists. however for fairness to organisers I reckon we should cut the amount of teams down to about 18... I reckon we shoujld keep using ITC as well... so there you go it's kind've a combo of all of them.

I think one way of getting more interest is to have managers fired etc if they peform poorly. Blewy can act as the "chairman" if you will of every club. In CWXI I get excited cos I wanna play at the top and there's a real reward for getting good results.. In WCC if you win it's ok but there's no real reward or punishment (except for the occasional all-stars). Blewy/the chairman can sack managers for a range of reasons such as poor on-field performances and lack of interaction with the media....

Then if a managers sacked they'll go back into the managers pool and wait until another team comes up...

Just and idea.

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Ok a few things to respond to what has been said...

I Understand where your coming from Andy, However to be fair before we shut down last time, your interest was hardly high....
:blink: :wacko:

Believe me, it definitely was!

I'm not saying I'm not going to give this a fair go and put in. I'm just saying I won't be as commited as I was with TN. Either way I still enjoy WCC!

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Slats4ever said:
I voted other and this is why......

I want to go back to the old teams and player lists. however for fairness to organisers I reckon we should cut the amount of teams down to about 18... I reckon we shoujld keep using ITC as well... so there you go it's kind've a combo of all of them.

I think one way of getting more interest is to have managers fired etc if they peform poorly. Blewy can act as the "chairman" if you will of every club. In CWXI I get excited cos I wanna play at the top and there's a real reward for getting good results.. In WCC if you win it's ok but there's no real reward or punishment (except for the occasional all-stars). Blewy/the chairman can sack managers for a range of reasons such as poor on-field performances and lack of interaction with the media....

Then if a managers sacked they'll go back into the managers pool and wait until another team comes up...

Just and idea.
I Completely agree. With any sort of managerial game, whether it be online like this, or a full commercial game like Football Manager, the need to get involved, and do well is because of the chance of losing your job if you don't. The only thing is, maybe have more than one person making the decisions, like a panel of judges, or something along those lines.
Oh, and put in more teams, but keep it with ITC...more teams cause i'm on the waiting list and want to start playing :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
People should've gotten used to the teams that they've been given this time around. Also - there's a waiting list - use it to pressure disinterested managers. Don't settle for the bare minimum input.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Robertinho said:
People should've gotten used to the teams that they've been given this time around. Also - there's a waiting list - use it to pressure disinterested managers. Don't settle for the bare minimum input.
Exactly my thoughts.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
whats worrying here is the lack of people who have actually voted, this is definately a concern...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
whats worrying here is the lack of people who have actually voted, this is definately a concern...
Well i don't which one to go for cus im kind of undecided. I'm tempted to go for Ian's idea, as i think more pressure on the managers to performance both on the field and off field (mainly) will improve the activity. But i now sure myself if i prefer to fo back to the old sides and keep going with the new sides, both have its positives and negetives.

Only thing i can really decide on is that i think their needs to be a expansion. Their clearly seems to be a lot of guys on the sidelines who are keen and likely to be more active, well atleast on the forum, then some of the current managers. We need to keep ITC and there should be pressure for managers to keep their position depending on their performance. Its clear that you guys aren't happy with managers who just come on and post their sides and don't contribute much more, so i think this is the best way to raise the bar.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I must admit, i dont mind the idea of Having an independent group to have the ability to sack/replace managers, they could also be in charge of appointing new managers...

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Maybe we could have a rivalry round or a heritage round.

HBL we will bring out a bank note to commemorate it.

a get behind your team or else round?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
For the record, i have decided to suspend all play until we sort this out, as i think changes are inevitable and there is no point in going on until we sort it out...

I hope to have this sorted in the next few days...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
some very interesting things have been discussed, obviously we havent decided on anything but i can say there has been some positve progress...

nibbs

International Captain
I would have voted for Go back to the previous set up with the same teams, but some scrapped (less than 36 teams - VC4), although ultimately i didn't have a problem with there being 36 teams. maybe 32 teams with 8 teams divisions. hmm.

the reason i left wcc when the change took place was because i found i couldn't be bothered putting in the effort after my side that took some 3 years to build was taken away. even if the old system had its flaws, but i didn't have any problems with it. if i could have howarth, gregson and co again, i'd take it. yeh

:)