• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 2 analysis

Graham

3rd Umpire
Once again done through looking at both player stats (as per team pages) as well as actual performances.

FC
This is going to be a really tightly contested competition.
Look out for Hampshire to make an immediate return to the top flight.
At the other end, Glamorgan and ND could struggle.

OD
Distinct groupings are apparent here. Surrey, Glamorgan and Worcestershire to slug it out for promotion.
Victoria and Hampshire midtable prospects.
Warwickshire, Kent and ND fighting to avoid the drop.

Give your thoughts also!8D

[Edited on 1/10/2002 by Graham]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Surrey should do the double, but discounting the Bears is harsh, we've got some very good players.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Don't discount ND this coming season...with the new players we have pick up from the Draft, it should make things very interesting for the top teams in Division 2

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worcs will be stronger in the 4 day game than one day, katich will be the top batsman in div 2.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I suspect the analysis might be close to the mark. The Glamorgan side will be stronger in the one day games with 3 quality all rounders (Klusener, Ganguly and Dale) and 2 batting wicket keepers (Dighe and Maynard). The bowling may be thin. Still who knows.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
hey Graham i would say that would be a near correct view

But in the 4day i believe that kent will be up along with teams like Hampshire too , they have picked up some good players

And as for Best Batsmen, let Kaitch go mate , when there are way better new players eg B.Allen and S.Graham

Hampshire 4day is really strong but 1day im still patching it up to get better it sure will be stronger with likes of Haq and Graham on the lineup

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Originally posted by The Argonaut
I suspect the analysis might be close to the mark. The Glamorgan side will be stronger in the one day games with 3 quality all rounders (Klusener, Ganguly and Dale) and 2 batting wicket keepers (Dighe and Maynard). The bowling may be thin. Still who knows.
All I'm going to say is watch out for ND...with the players we picked up in the Draft...we may just surprise a few people!

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah I have to agree with you Lord, Kent were a very average team that only had a few real stars, and I would like to thank Lara for most of it. However the team really prevented me from making many transfers as nobody wantted my players with batsman avg around 30 ish. I sacrificed my star batsman in Lara to bring in S.Waugh/M.Clarke/S.Clark all from NSW which has improved my batting line up with Waugh being a like for like replacment for Lara, and Clarke strenghting the middle order. With the poor finish to the season and record braking loss to Glamorgan left me marginal out of the relagation zone and 3rd pick in the draft.... the first pick enabled me to pick up B.Allen who i hope can live up to his stats (OD - 51 FC - 57). Next pick bought A.Adams to Kent who was bouth in to fill the void left by M.Flemings retirment and round 3 saw S.Hutton arrive his batting avg for a bowler is quite immprsive and bowling S/R is under 50 in both forms....

The team was starting to look better and after the draft I have completed two more trades involing A.Flower + M.Bulbeck coming to Kent at the expense of M.Ealham + A.Adams and M.bulbeck heading stright off again in a deal witch will see Warwicks spinner M.Smith coming to Kent.

The Kent team IMO will complete well in the 4 day side with every batsman in my side avg over 30 two over 45 and one over 55, bowling all bowlers avg below a S/R of 50 expect new spinner who will mainly be a OD player. One Day however the team was weaken a great deal with the top 5 OD players leaving though one reason or another.. However I hope that the team I have got can complete, as many players have good avgs in both forms.

Kent Team So Far

See Attachment