• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thoughts??

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well after the 1st Round of First Class games, what are your thoughts..

This is not a thread for whinging (Cloete) :p just one to discuss things in the sim, issues etc...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't mind having more control over bowling tactics. I would have like Fernando to bowl more overs when we were getting smack from pilla to post by NSW.

Also it would be nice to know long many or how little drop catches my players let down. I know that ITC is know as a drop catch sim.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
This will no doubt get mentioned by some people later but I did notice the sim didn't always pick up the order of the line ups we put down in team selections. I don't really see this as a problem however as ultimately the teams were the same and there were no major stuff ups in orders, just a couple of little ones.

Next time you send the email out can you send out the commentary before the final score card if it's possible? When I was checking mine I actually wanted to read the commentary before I knew the score so the excitement could grow.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
I wouldn't mind having more control over bowling tactics. I would have like Fernando to bowl more overs when we were getting smack from pilla to post by NSW.

Also it would be nice to know long many or how little drop catches my players let down. I know that ITC is know as a drop catch sim.
Bowling orders is a tough one, we can sim the games and allow people to pick their orders but that would be waaaayyy to much...

As for dropped catches you can see who drops catches in the commentary files...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats4ever said:
This will no doubt get mentioned by some people later but I did notice the sim didn't always pick up the order of the line ups we put down in team selections. I don't really see this as a problem however as ultimately the teams were the same and there were no major stuff ups in orders, just a couple of little ones.

Next time you send the email out can you send out the commentary before the final score card if it's possible? When I was checking mine I actually wanted to read the commentary before I knew the score so the excitement could grow.
I'm pretty sure nigh****chmen are used so that may be why the orders were a bit weird.

I thought it was great, no need to change anything, really :)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Slats4ever said:

The batting order issue has been fixed, There was a box in the options section that i didnt know about which actually has the sim pick the batting order.. One thing i have noticed though is it seems that the sim will put in a nigh****chmen if its close to the end of the day(as per MacGill)...

What i can do if people like i can send the commentary files out and post the scorecards on the site..
Like i said in the email if i get the opportunity when the First Class games are simmed i will do "LIVE" sims, which proved to be rather good yesterday... The tense atmosphere when the Delhi-Nondescripts game was drawing to a close was awesome...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Slats4ever said:
yeah nigh****chmans was a good addition. very realistic!!!
well it was but i wasnt happy with MacGill coming in, i mean Bracken or Nicholson fair enough but MacGill...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:
Like i said in the email if i get the opportunity when the First Class games are simmed i will do "LIVE" sims, which proved to be rather good yesterday... The tense atmosphere when the Delhi-Nondescripts game was drawing to a close was awesome...
Haha yeah it was very well done. Will definitely be at the next one, if I can.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbh im not all that happy with it, i dont like the ammount of low scores and the sim has far too many drop catches...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
tbh im not all that happy with it, i dont like the ammount of low scores and the sim has far too many drop catches...
I can understand where your coming from, however you have to take into account the lower averages of players, and also with the catches its only cause they are seen that is the problem.. if they weren't shown then nobody would even know..

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
My only real concern is the low scores. The pitches must also deteriorate a fair bit as some of the 2nd innings scores were pretty bad. Other than that all looks good.

WRT night watchmen I think that the sim picks the no.10 batsman. In some cases two were sent in.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah All managers have been really good so far... however once people quit or get sacked then there will be no vacancies...

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Yeah All managers have been really good so far... however once people quit or get sacked then there will be no vacancies...
Bit harsh on those not involved at the moment don't you think? :p