• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One Day Round 1 Reports...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Results have been emailed to each of you... If you havent recieved them please let me know as i may need to get an updated Email address from you...

Lets try and get a few match reports happening this season...

Post them Here...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh dear what a shocking display, first of all to only get one wicket in 50 overs, but then not being able to chase down a modest total and use up all of our overs...
Arnold bored the crap out of us and we seemed to lose interest in the match i think :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty average performance by the Colts, a lot to work on, i thought our bowling was better, but i guess WA batting was too good.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Terrific batting from Richard Kelly was a pleasant surprise. Very disappointing from the top order and all the bowlers bar Mohammed and Hinds though. Not too surprising a result overall. That said, that Rikki Clarke bowler 10-3-18-3 is a sad shame.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Pretty even balanced match vs Yorkshire there. The guys I was expecting to make the big runs (Fulton and van Wyk) went pretty bad while Vincent showed why he's a quality OD opener and surprisingly Hitchcock made a few runs, but we just didn't make enough runs in the top order to finish off the match.

Well done to Yorkshire!

PS. I might have to change my bowling order. O'Brien only bowled 2 overs?

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
South Australia very happy with their first up win. Cossie with the bat and Tait with the ball doing great. Fantastic team effort throughout.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Bellrieve Fizzer

Many would have thought a high scoring thriller would be the only just reward for the 1000 patrons who attended the opening match of the new WCC comp at a chilly and windy Bellrieve Oval. However the play was as dull as the weather was and to make it worse for the fans the home side crumbled to a dissapointing loss.

Captain Dan Marsh won the toss and sent Northern Districts in to set a total. Stephen Fleming and Hamish Marshall began cautiously however look to have set a solid platform. The loss of Marshall made way for Papps who took control right from the start, moving the ball all over the field for 1's and 2's. Marshall's increased urgency seemed to rub off on partner Stephen Flemming who began to also pick up the pace. Whilst the partnership was never spectacular it was good enough to push the score up past over 150 in the 30th over.. The pair was eventually seperated however Marshall continued his impressive batting lifting his total past 100. Whilst Northerns never seemed to run away with the game, the momentum was always with them and a score of 239 was definately going to be a struggle on a tough, dark afternoon.

Tasmania looked to set their inning up in the same fashion as Northern Districts. Robbie Key and Will Jefferson looked solid without striking boundaries. However when both fell in quick succession Tasmania were back on the back foot. Herschelle Gibbs was always the danger man and despite being watchful for his 20 was eventually picked up by Aldridge. At this stage Tasmania weren't out of the game with Myburgh at the crease seemingly remaining the key. However it was the middle order which failed to fire for Tasmania and eventually collapsed. Admittedly the Northern District bowling was good, however it was loose shots and loss of patience that caused the collapse. Eventually Tasmania were all out for 181 and 58 runs short of their target.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Northerns
M Aronstam b D Cullen 90 (112)
F du Plessis c B Cameron b S Tait 0 (7)

B. Cameron wasnt suposed to play what was he doing catching lol? from what i can see he didnt actually play cause he didnt bat in the top 8 or bowl (thank god :)).

So wered his name come from lol

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he was 12th man :p

Mate to be honest im not sure... Just a VC4 stuff up i think...
Main thing he didnt bat...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
NZTailender said:
Pretty even balanced match vs Yorkshire there. The guys I was expecting to make the big runs (Fulton and van Wyk) went pretty bad while Vincent showed why he's a quality OD opener and surprisingly Hitchcock made a few runs, but we just didn't make enough runs in the top order to finish off the match.

Well done to Yorkshire!

PS. I might have to change my bowling order. O'Brien only bowled 2 overs?

Mate if you want to change your orders just do it in the bowling orders thread, but make sure its done before Thursday...

As for why he only bowled 2, again im not sure...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For those that didn't receive the email, I know it went into my Junk Mail, so it might be there for you guys.

cometer

State Regular
Travelling to Guyana was always going to be difficult as a season opener. Guyana batted first and compiled a fairly competitive 9/239 from 50 overs, with fudadin contributing to a well deserved 65 not out from only 88 deliveries. Best of the bowlers was Snape who took 3/45 off 10 overs.

Chasing a gettable target it quickly turned sour as Leics crashed to 5/99 and never fully recovered to finish 6/151 off 50 overs. Far too slow batting run rate added by losing too many wickets early were the main problem and something Leics will have to improve upon if they are going to be any threat this season in od.

Next week it turns to first class in what should be our stronger form of the game and promises to be a good contest.