• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Board Member Position Available*

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guys
As the title says we are "offering" a board member position. The new board will be set up a little differently to the old one, Blewy, Jason and Myself will run the game with one other joining us. However the new board member's job will be primarily to run the website. This position isnt a helping role, but rather a webmaster.

As the webmaster/board member we would require that the essentials are on the website each week, this includes injuries, scorecards, tables and stats. Other than that how much of the website you look after is up to you. Obviously you wont have to do it al by yourself, im sure there will be people to volunteer for odd jobs, however it will be your role to assign people jobs within the website and ensure that everything runs smoothly...

Obviously its a pretty major role, but once you are settled in and have everything working properlly it shouldnt be too much each week. Please only apply if you are genuinely serious and believe have the capabilities to take it on. The file manager and coding we use is very simple so even people will basic web skills should be able to pick it up. Any applications we recieve will be taken seriously, but dont apply if you dont believe you can fullfil the requirements.

Outside of working on the website you may be asked to do some minor things in the off season, but its unlikely to be too much hassle as the three of us are pretty well sorted with the work load. You will get full privileges such as mod access in the wcc forum, access to the WCC staff forum and voting in all changes/matters involving WCC.

If you are interested signal your intentions in this thread and we will make a decision ASAP, so be quick if you are keen...
Cheers
Simon, Jason and Brendon

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Well, I could be someone to represent the lower division and the views of the English managers.

Quite fancy being a mod as well.

I'm willing to do whatever work I need to do, and I really want to learn about how the behind-the-scenes stuff works :)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i can just offer minor help to anyone who takes up this role.. im just way to busy for my own good these days so unfortunately cant take it up this time.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
Well, I could be someone to represent the lower division and the views of the English managers.

Quite fancy being a mod as well.

I'm willing to do whatever work I need to do, and I really want to learn about how the behind-the-scenes stuff works :)
Is this an application Jamee????

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Well i may as well nominate for it but i might need to be taught a bit with the website if i got the role...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
anyone who is interested but might think that its too hard because they dont know anything about websites shouldnt be worried by it, if we decided you are right for the role i can teach you everything you need to know, the way its been run its very simple and can be picked up in no time...
if anything major ever goes wrong theres always more experienced around to lend a hand...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been getting a bit of homework recently but I can update the teams or something simple like that on the website, like I did for a little bit before it shut down. Probably wouldn't be able to take on the whole thing though, sorry.

Matteh

i've been weighing up whether or not i have too much uni work to do this properly...
and well basically i've come to the conclusion that i don't.

I've only got basic website making experience...but as the majority of it is updating rather than creating that shouldn't be that much of a problem

'this is an application'

Mister Wright

I'd love to help out guys, but I doubt I would have the time. It is my last year at university and I have 10 weeks of prac this year. Maybe sometime in the future...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The Board Member position has been filled... An announcement will be made shortly...