• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Time has come.......

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well this is not easy, however the time has come for WCC to end...

Its been a very long journey dating back to the beginning of 2002, however ongoing commitments to myself and Simon have made us come to the decision that its best to go. I would much rather see WCC go out on top then suffer a slow death which i have seen happen to so many Simulation games in my time...

This decision has not been made lightly, however with my increasing work and lifestyle committments and Simons increasing workload things just couldnt go on...

Simon and I would like to thank everyone involved with WCC over the years, in particular board members, and guys who have stuck with us over the whole time...

A big thanks to Jason for his tireless efforts in working on VC4 files, the Academy and keeping a record of lifetime Stats, Rich Twyman for his tireless efforts early on in keeping the site up to date and helping me with alot of work. Also to Graham Banks who also put in plenty of work and his dedication to WCC.. Bugs, Andy, Guy, Ian and all the other board members over time, thankyou for your efforts in helping us keep the game running as smoothly as it has over time...

A huge thankyou to Cricketweb's King, James Nixon, for the use of the forums and his webspace, without it we would not be here today, it is very much appreciated..

I personally would also like to say a HUGE thankyou to Simon, without him the last couple of years this would have happened alot earlier... We have become good mates and i hope that continues on...

I will still be around CW occassionally, however not as much as i have been over the years, so for the final time and with a tear in my eye i would like to say thankyou to all, and one big...

GOODBYE

:crybaby: :crybaby:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
unfortunatley this is for real... As i said this was not an easy decision, but one that i had to make....

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Erm, wow.

Such a shame. Just such a shame.

No chance you could see if there was someone willing to carry on the legacy?

:(

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I would be willing, however the work involved i dont think that someone would be willing... Also i wouldn't be willing to hand it over to anyone as i wouldn't want the reputation ruined...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I didn't mean to just throw it in the air, and the first person to catch it gets it.

Cloete

International Captain
wow.. not sure what to say.

Brilliant work Blewy I can't believe how much work you've put in. I respect your decision, as it was a great game.

I'm utterly disappointed though, bit of a shame to lose the game.

All I can say is, it's been fun, alot of fun.

nibbs

International Captain
holy moses... although this is disappointing, i'd just like to say thanks for everything and for putting up with the odd tanty that i inexplicitly let out from time to time he he he. good luck with everything in the future and i hope that i'll still see online from time to time.

is it possible to get a copy of databases now that there isn't really any point in keeping them secret???

thanks again. kurt

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Wow can't see i saw this coming!

I'd like to thank Simon and Blewy for running this game as its been one of the best games ive been involved with.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was gonna wait to say something but ill have my 2 cents now...
Essentially for me this was a pretty easy decision that had been coming for a while, we've tried quite a lot of things in recent seasons to move the game forward but it hasn’t really worked, manager involvement has been at an all time low, but not necessarily at a stand still and time has been harder to find.
I guess after 3 years its harder to get motivated for something like this than it was at the start, Blewy got it right in saying that it was good to go out now than in 6 months time when it just fizzles out into a non event which I can assure you was going to happen. Most of the people who have been involved for a while now are growing up and its safe to say we all knew it wasn’t going to last forever. We had 6 great seasons each providing another challenge as managers or board members; it’s been great fun...
We've had over 60 managers in the past 3 years and I hope all have enjoyed the game, the aim of the board was to enhance wcc for everyone, im pretty sure we achieved that but im not sure how much further we could have gone...
I think Brendon mentioned most of the people who deserve a pat on the back, the early seasons were great for this game, a lot like Cricketweb altogether, the more people that joined the more likely a bad egg would come up, most of the managers we have had were great people, Lord, Paid the Umpire, David, Sriram, Aditya, Megan etc. imo managers like these guys (and gal) made the game worth running but its time to move on, it was never going to last forever...
As 2nd in charge for the last few seasons id like to thank Brendon in particular for having faith in me and respecting his decisions, I hope the ending of WCC wont end our friendship, also to the guys that have helped me when ive needed it, most of all Cloete, imo his work in wcc has been undervalued, he’s put in a lot of hours when he should have been doing more important things and I thank him for that, also to Ian and more recently Greg, they have both helped a lot in keeping things running. The last two are Dave (Kears) and Dave (Aust_Hitman) who have both spent time as webmaster of the website, both did a great job in the time they were in charge and spent many hours working on repetitive things like stats and team pages, I don’t think most managers ever realised how much effort went into the site and thanks to those guys for their efforts...

Cheers
Si

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Wow. Wasn't really expecting this. Such a shame to see it go. I know there were a few of us who were looking foward to the new season but I guess this is for the best. Thank you Blewy and Simon for all you've done. :)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
That was so sudden and like Burkey I was just getting into it taking over Somerset who really did look like they had a great chance at the title. Such a shame but I guess you made the right choice. Having said that I would kind of preferred for the game to fizzle out and lose interest then right before the start of a season when everyone's getting into it and making preparations for the current season. Really unexpected but I respect your choice as it really is your game. Thanks for the season I had in it anyway. You did a great job. :cry:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Never expected this but if it had to be done well can't complain. It was fun while it lasted. Great job.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Pat on the back to Goff-man and Simonster - the hours you two put in is most probably overlooked, congrats on making it a success in the first place and cheers for the enjoyment during my short time.

Thanks guys, all good things come to an end.

The Baconator

Well, I was only a manager for a season but I really enjoyed my time here at WCC, and I'm real sad to see it go. A huge thanks to Simon, Blewy and the rest of the guys who made WCC what it was, but I suppose all good things must come to an end. Anyway thanks again, and I'm grateful that I at least participated for a while, and I totally understand the decision.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Very sorry to hear that Brendon, but I understand your reasons for it.

You've done a lot for Cricket Web over the years, and the starting up of WCC on Cricket Web certainly brought in a lot of visitors and I am in no doubt that WCC has played a big part in where Cricket Web has got to today.

A big thanks to all of you who have helped Brendon over the years too, without all your efforts I'm sure WCC wouldn't have been able to continue this long.

And finally keep in touch mate! I'll be Sydney again mid next year so we might have to catch up over a beer or something ;)

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
This is a big shock. I can fully understand the reasons for this. I would offer to take it over but I know that I cannot put in the time required to do a good job. I have had a lot if fun through my involvement with this and wish everyone well.

33/3from3.3

I never even got to play it
i dont mean to offend you Blewy but is there any game in close quality to it
which would be playable