• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Round 1

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, here it is the Official results of the Draft 1st Round...

1st Pick - Tassie - M.Muralitharan
2nd Pick - SA(Soms Pick) - R.Stratton
3rd Pick - Kent - B.Allen
4th Pick - Warwickshire - S.Manjrekar
5th Pick - Glamorgan - L.Klusener
6th Pick - Hampshire - S.Graham
7th Pick - Mumbai (ND's Pick) - T.Darden
8th Pick - Yorkshire - W.Tendulkar
9th Pick - Worcester - A.Razzaq
10th Pick - WA - K.Lightner
11th Pick - TN - S.Stewart (Rand)
12th Pick - Lancs - A.Schiller
13th Pick - SA - A.Jones
14th Pick - Mumbai - W.Younis
15th Pick - Auckland - A.Donald
16th Pick - SA (NSW Pick) - VVS Laxman
17th Pick - Karnataka - M.Attapatu
18th Pick - QLD - N.Hussain
19th Pick - Tas (Cant's Pick) - J.Rudolph
20th Pick - WP - S.Ahktar
21st Pick - Colts - V.Shewag
22nd Pick - Tas (Leics Pick) - M.Sinclair
23rd Pick - Victoria - K.Sangakarra
24th Pick - Surrey - M.Ntini (Rand)

OK so theres Round 1 I will update the full lists and email the latest lists to everyone today...
I will also post a .txt file of the updated lists on the forum for download for those who don't have excel...
There were also 3 teams who failed to submit their Draft lists and they were given random picks...
And for those who are not aware we also have 2 new managers, Somerset and Auckland have been replaced due to failure to submit their culled squads...

Round 2
Tasmania
Somerset
Kent
Warwickshire
Glamorgan
Hampshire
Northern Districts (Mum)
Yorkshire
Worcestershire
Western Australia
Tamil Nadu
Lancashire
South Australia
Mumbai
Auckland
New South Wales (ND)
Karnataka (Colts)
Queensland (WP)
Canterbury
Western Province
Colts
Leicestershire (Tas)
Victoria
Surrey

(Any probs with this list please inform me ASAP)
:D:D:D:D:D:D

[Edited on 24/9/2002 by Gregory Blewett]

[Edited on 25/9/2002 by Gregory Blewett]

Ryan_t2002

School Boy/Girl Captain
Oh god, big problem , g.b i sent the mail with my picks 5-10 minutes after my brother to wccc@hotmail.com ! i have the draft copy too

I am a bit pissed of ... because i didnt get my pick

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Ryan i didn't recieve it, and i still hadn't recieved it at last check of the inbox about 1 pm....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok due to a miscommunication WA's picks were submitted on time and therefore i have given them there 1st choice, it actually worked out ok cause there 1st choice was not on the list...
:D:D:D:D:D

So no K.Lightner goes out of the list and back in comes J.Hughes

[Edited on 24/9/2002 by Gregory Blewett]

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
Kent got a minty pick with B.Allen !
Thanks Mate :D

That's one advantage of not doing any trading of draft picks, I know I will be at number three every round (bar round 6) So have a good chance of getting who I want :)

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
Originally posted by Graham
By some fluke, I got my first pick also!8D
Swine, I had my eye on him!
Correct me if iam wrong but didn't you pick about 10 in front of Lancashire, so you should have got him if you wantted him?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, but never mind, I feel this year I may have a chance as I'm in Division 2 - my first draft pick is a corker.

Graham

3rd Umpire
A.Schiller was my preferred 1st pick as he filled out my squad in two ways - I needed a third opening batsman and a second keeper. I can now concentrate wholly on choosing the best of those players still available regardless of their specialty. I'm of course assuming that VCM4 takes into account that a labelled opening batsman has a better chance of performing as an opener than a batsman not labelled as an opener.:rolleyes: