Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **Season 7 Press Releases!!!**

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar

**Season 7 Press Releases!!!**

Hampshire have been looking onto to continue their goal of building team strength gradually over seasons.. and to assert their position of being a side that cannot be underestimated on any playing day and the management of the club and the consistency that the club has brought right from the very beginning of WCC creation, has been something that has been much respected and acknowledged by fellow club managers and young managers.

So come this new year and new season (Hampshire in Div 2 FC Div 4 OD), Hampshires manager Reuben aka Lord. expects much bigger and better things from a stronger unit.. who will start their pre season training and bonding camps in a few weeks..

Hampshire would also like to be one of the first clubs this season to release their Season 7 Squad.

Any comments, predictions.. will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Lord.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blewy; 25-10-2005 at 09:51 AM.
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    To be honest I have little or no respect at all for Hampshire. I find their side weak, the way that they galavant and celebrate rude, and think that if a new manager was bought on board they'd achieve much better results.

My predictions will be (if the new structure is implemented this year) is relegation from division 1 in 4 D, and very few wins in OD
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Lol you sound a bit angry there Ian..

But it looks like Lord's got a good line-up there

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    plffft Hampshire... one of a many teams who are a rival of mine..

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Lol you sound a bit angry there Ian..
    Andy .. its mainly 99% Gas.. and 1% anger..

Ian come Season 7 Hampshire will make sure WP get royally whopped in the Hamps-WP clash.. because we arent just known for our fine talk, good looks and top material possessions (ie clothes,cash,girls,liquour and bling).. but also our display of all round strength on field..
    Like Whoa.. your goin down!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar

WCC Auckland Season 7

WCC Auckland owner and manager, Liam Camps is pleased to announce the Season 7 squad.

"On paper it may not look as strong as some of the bigger guns, but we feel that we've compiled the best squad we can, given limited resources and funding. As in seasons past, I expect the boys to show great heart and maximize their talent to compete with the best of them."

The squad will be presented formally to the public later.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Yorkshire moving foward, one step at a time.

For season 7 Yorkshire have really left no-one safe with lots of trades and drafting in new players. only W Tendulkar and D Gough remain from when new manager Greg Thomas took over.
    "We had a lot of average players last season. And that's putting it nicely.
    This year is definately an improvement and each player with have a role. We're not aiming high this season but we're building up for the future.
    We have an easily better side than last season, but it's not good enough to take any titles".
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    But my thread wasn't merely a press release. It was to be the source of all Auckland news over the course of the preseason and during the season... Hence the title had nothing to do with press...

sorry mate, just i can see we will get every team posting a thread on their team...

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Lancashire are one of the perrenial overachievers in the WCC, maintining top flight status in both formats, and finishing 3rd in both last year, despite having a squad that on paper looks as though it would struggle even in the lower reaches of the leagues. This season presents a new challenge for the famous club, with a larger top division the competition will be fiercer and many expect a struggle to avoid the drop. Much will depend on Rookie paceman Freeman's partnership with Mongia.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

SURREY LIONS

Surrey have announced their squad for Season 7:

F Pandit
    J Arlott
    W Denny
    S De Bruyn
    S Jewell
    A Mohammed
    N Rathod
    E Good
    M Richardson
    V Mane
    M Dighton
    I Khaleel
    J Bennett
    M Shrinivas
    F Tully
    D Powell
    W Tully
    A Sunny

The captain will once again be Mohendas Shrinivas, with Sammy De Bruyn being vice-captain.

There are only 6 players remaining from last years promotion in OD and relegation in 4D, but due to the restructuring, Surrey have found themselves in Division 1 of 4D and Division 2 of OD.

The squad is quite young, but will no doubt try to gain experience and push Surrey up to Division 1 in both forms.

The Lions will be looking forward to a productive season in both forms, I am sure.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Colts CC have one goal this season and thats to win the Divison One Championship, anything else will be deemed as a failure. With the increase in size of the divison there will be some tough competition from South Australia, Queensland and Victoria as well as some of the dark horses in New South Wales, Karntaka and Leicestershire. But we are very confident we have the side that can outclass all these teams over 22 rounds.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

I don't think I need to build it up too much, but hopefully we'll be able to do well again. The 4D has been weakened a fair bit and we really need Philander to perform, but OD has been strengthened ALOT!
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    After inheriting a pretty sub-standard side, I am pleased to announce this season's Mashonaland team. I feel it's a pretty good side, and the allrounders in B Straw and M Walker in FC give me the ability to bat down to 9 or even 10 if I need to. The FC side is a bit stronger than the OD team, but I am expecting both sides to do well. I'm definetely aiming for promotion in FC, and am hoping for the same in the shorter version.
    Only one player, S Mushtaq, has been retained in the squad, while three rookies-Q Oulton, Q Roll and M Travis- were happily taken from the academy. Q Oulton and first draft pick B Straw are probably the two key players in the squad, especially in FC.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Vice-Captain mikeW's Avatar

Northerns Announce Squad For Season 7

The Northerns Cricket club are proud to announce our squad that will be looking to continue its great start since entering the WCC competition.

NORTHERNS SQUAD

D Dawson (OD Captain)
    D Mongia
    W Pointer
    S Shah
    T Orton (FC Captain)
    M Rudolph
    U Afzaal
    R Gavaskar
    I Anjum
    K Khan
    H Raza
    R Jesuraj
    E White
    M Vardhan
    R Cassell
    L James
    Q Radford

A new FC captain was announced after last seasons skipper D Dawson stepped down from the role to concentrate on his OD job, T Orton was announced as captain at pre-season training and this is expected to make him a stronger player.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information