• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another Extra

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well after this discussion has gone on for seasons, we have decided to invoke the same rule in WCC as we did with the International Series..

Teams will this season be allowed to remove the bowling stats of 2 players in each form..
However you will not be able to delete stats from players who average more then 10 overs a game in 4D and 5 overs a game in OD....

When you post your Bowling Orders, we will ask you to select your players who you want to delete...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So what exactly does this achieve? Stop people from bowling if they have poor bowling stats and you want to play them as a batsman alone? Sounds like a fair idea. I think the OPM limit for 4D games should be increased though... 10 is a little low, espeically considering the fact that its 5 in OD games.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Basically thats what its there to do.. Alot of people have batsman who have really bad bowling stats... this will stop them from bowling..

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prince EWS said:
So do we nominate two for each form for the whole season, or do we get to change it for each game?
for the whole season, once things like bowling orders are decided they cant be changed during the season...

nibbs

International Captain
just a quick comment, there are batsmen that have more than 5 overs per match in one day, but often strike rates that are often 50+. the thing that i don't understand with regards to this is that most teams would have probably have 5 bowlers who are better. it would make no sense for these players to bowl, so why should they? perhaps i read that wrong, but if you're going to invoke such a rule i think that you should be able to nulify any players bowling stats, not just somes...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
nibbs said:
just a quick comment, there are batsmen that have more than 5 overs per match in one day, but often strike rates that are often 50+. the thing that i don't understand with regards to this is that most teams would have probably have 5 bowlers who are better. it would make no sense for these players to bowl, so why should they? perhaps i read that wrong, but if you're going to invoke such a rule i think that you should be able to nulify any players bowling stats, not just somes...
Yeah I agree. But if this was to be the case, it should have been announced BEFORE the draft, as recruiting tactics could definately have changed as a result.

Considering everyone has already recruited, there has to be some limit imposed. Having said that though, I think the limit is too small for 4D games. Most bowlers who bowl 5 overs per match in 1D games would bowl a lot more than 10 in 4D games, and I think the limits should match up and reflect each other.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Im with nibbs...if someone bowls less then 4 or less then 10 overs they will hardly make a difference...whilst I have Godwin in my side who bowls 6 & 10 overs respectively at TERRIBLE strike rates...

Its just logic really...I mean realistically if you had Godwin in your side, it is unlikely he would bowl at all, let alone 6 overs in OD cricket/10 overs in FC

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
na i like, it showed it worked in the int series so far and it will work in wcc and what it does is that instead of your b smith who is an ordinary bolwer he will now not bowl and your prefered bowlers will get through there alloted overs.....good job wcc

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well i have to agree with Guy and Nibbs, cus it seems strange that a player like R Arnold bowling stats can be taken out in International Cricket, but cus he bowls more then 5 overs, he can't be can't out in domestic cricket. If you going to add this rule it should be the same one as WCC international. As having a restrication of just 5 overs doesn't really solve anything.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys, well we will allow any players to be deleted, BUT the 2 players per form rule still applies...

NO Negotiations on that...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will it be permanent, or only for that season?

Also, it's just a choice right, we don't have to do it?

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
andyc said:
Will it be permanent, or only for that season?
nothing is forever, its expected to be long term but we'll see how it goes this season...