• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another Change to WCC...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well we have had a few changes to WCC over the past couple of weeks...

Here is another...

With Injuries... Currently if a player gets injured for 9 weeks with only 1 week to go of the season, his injury is reset and he is right to play in the 1st game of the new season...

NOW, with the introduction of the International schedule players injuries will NOT be reset, they will run through the off season, so if your player if injured in the last round of the competition for 9 weeks and we have a 6 week offseason then he will be injured for the 1st 3 weeks of the new season..

Likewise if your player is injured during the International season his injury will continue through...

All current injuries will be reset as we feel it would be unfair for this to happen now, but from this point on this will take effect...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm

I have no problems with the carrying over of injuries, but about getting injured while playing internationally, couldn't that be seen as unfair because it was the international manager who played the player and got him injured, yet the normal WCC manager has to suffer?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, it should be alright. Players can get injured in the off-season in real life, whether it be from games or walking the dog.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
kears_falcon_9 said:
Its good.. makes it more realistic.. good move Blewy and Simon.
i can assure you i had no input into this idea, its entirely everyone else's suggestion :p

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Good move. Will be annoying if theyb get injured playing internationals, but we'll have to put up nwith it.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I have no problems with the carrying over of injuries, but about getting injured while playing internationally, couldn't that be seen as unfair because it was the international manager who played the player and got him injured, yet the normal WCC manager has to suffer?
yeh just have to deal with it i guess.. its like someone getting injured in Provincial rugby... ie cant be fit to play for the AB's or someone gets injured for AB's and misses out in playing crucial provincial games..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Its good to see people taking this with an open mind..

The reason it was decided was totally based on the realism factor.... we'll see how it goes and then take it from there...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy(or anyone) will players international stats count towards their career club stats (as they do in real life?) or are they just separate? If you are using preseason stats i can't see them counting towards career stats but may be they could next year?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
International stats won't count towards Club stats, we MAY look at having seperate stats for Club and International, however it is unlikely...

Basically the International season is the same as the old All Star series which was just used to kill time in between seasons, however we have just put more emphasis on the International Series...

Mr Mxyzptlk

So if International peformances can't allow a player to get better or worse for future International games, doesn't that detract from the game somewhat?

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
insane... WCC is getting insanely good. if the changes keep making it this good perhaps we'll have to put money into blewy's account every season to play... haha

i had a dream last night that blewy said he was quitting WCC and leaving it to simon... how sad...

Simon

Slats4ever said:
insane... WCC is getting insanely good. if the changes keep making it this good perhaps we'll have to put money into blewy's account every season to play... haha

i had a dream last night that blewy said he was quitting WCC and leaving it to simon... how sad...
its about time you got professional help Ian, dreaming about WCC cant be really considered healthy...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
its about time you got professional help Ian, dreaming about WCC cant be really considered healthy...

pmsl

i dream about wcc all the time.lol