• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PROPOSAL!!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I have had a proposal put fwd to me, and i think it can work...

What i want now is the veiws of everyone else..

The proposal is to run a 'LIVE' draft, via MSN...

The way this would work is as many people as possible get on MSN at an arranged time, and we conduct the draft LIVE, now i understand that everyone is in different time zones and there is no way we can cater for everybodies needs, BUT the way i am looking at it is that all managers were going to have to submit a list anyway, so i thought that the people that can't make it would still submit there lists and i would make there picks for them when it was there turn, while people who can make it would get alot of fun out of it...

This is only a proposal and i would like to see peoples opinions on this and also what time of the day is best for all...

Cheers
GB

Rich2001

International Captain
what time or the day - sat arvo in sydney - thats early arvo in NZ and late morning in india
And to throw a spanner in the works what about us English managers? Me, Marc and Chris etc

Graham

3rd Umpire
I much prefer the idea of being able to ponder over the list of available players and their stats and then submit a list after each round. This would rely on everybody submitting their list by the necessary time!
Doing a live draft takes away the time needed to think over things.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i am assuming the list is being publicly displayed before the draft happens - in which case you would be able to ponder the list bofore the draft happened

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Like i said people this is just an idea to get people more involved and its not definate, but all suggestions will be taken on board....

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
What about ppl who dont have msn.
Im for the idea.
I might be able to get to paid the umpires house or davids

Sunday is a good day

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i like what ever but i can only do at night time our time or saturdays. i work sundays

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
saturdays a good day for me too - maybe it could be at night Aussie and Kiwi time to alow for out british counterparts

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
wht if all the players in the list of players submitted 4 dps are already taken?
I would prefer it the msn way though I also suggest a thread be started for choosing the draft picks.
Paid posts first 4 his pick then greg and then the rest could follow suit.Since almost all of us are there in the day some time or the other I think the picks should be done pretty fast and smooth.
Just to remind managers of their turns Greg could also mail the concerned manager when a considerable amount of time has passed without his reply.
1 more question Greg, are you going to release the real entered stats of the academy players in vc4? I think its important because some1 like Razzaq might have taken a lot of wickets but his overs per match could be less which could hamper his performance.

If the MSN way is decided I think sat night aussie time is the best as it would give an oppurtunity for all the managers to come online.

Sriram

[Edited on 9/12/02 by Sriram k]